Chapter 11

~ 2 weeks later ~

"Happy birthday Katy!" is how I was greeted when I ran downstairs wearing a teal colored strapless shirt tucked into a white skirt. My brothers attacked me with hugs and I saw that they had tried to make my favorite breakfast for me, chocolate chip pancakes. Grinning, I sat down at the breakfast bar and dug in. They were surprisingly good and I knew they had to have gotten up early in order to get it just right for me since mom still wasn't home from the hospital. "You guys are very sweet for this, thank you. They taste amazing." I told them and laughed when all three of their faces lit up.

The doorbell rang so I got up to get it, knowing that it was probably Dylan. Sure enough, he was leaning against the door with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He smiled widely when he saw me and immediately stepped forward and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, kicking the door closed with my foot. "You look stunning as always." he whispered against my lips. I giggled softly, feeling a blush creep into my cheeks. He quickly pecked my lips and then stepped back, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box. My mouth dropped.

"Dyl, you didn't have to-"

"Yes I did, now open it." He grinned.

I shook my head with a small laugh and took the box from his large hands. I glanced up at him and bit down on my bottom lip. When I saw what was inside, my mouth dropped. "Oh Dylan..." I whispered, running my thumb over the contents of the box and feeling the bumps of the small diamonds. Inside was a necklace with "Dylan" written in cursive letters and a heart at the end of it. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "Why are you crying baby?" he whispered, taking my face in his hands as tears slid down my cheeks.

"Because I don't deserve you."

Confusion washed over his features as he wiped my tears away. "Shh shh shh, don't say that." He kissed my forehead lovingly. "Don't say that." he whispered in my ear. His arms wrapped around my waist. I sniffed and buried my face in his chest. "Now turn around." Dylan let go of me slowly and stepped back a little. I turned, held my hair up and let him put the necklace around my neck. Then I let my wavy brown hair fall back over my shoulders.

When I turned around, he reached out and squeezed my shoulders, looking straight into my brown eyes. "I don't ever want to hear you say anything like that again. You're so beautiful and amazing and perfect. Katy, if anything, I don't deserve you." But I knew that wasn't true because he was such an amazing boyfriend, and what have I done to deserve him? Sadness washed over me and stayed there. When I didn't respond, his warm hands fell from my shoulders and his eyes floated down to the necklace that now hung loosely around my neck. "It looks great," Dylan smiled, "and I couldn't imagine it being on anyone else but you."

The sadness hung over me like a dark cloud. "Katy! Are you going to make out with your boyfriend all day or come finish your breakfast?" one of my brothers called from the kitchen. Dylan laughed aloud and then grabbed my hand, but this time it didn't make me feel warm all over. In fact, I didn't feel anything at all and I especially didn't feel hungry, but I picked at my pancakes anyway, not wanting to hurt my brothers' feelings. Dylan seemed to realize that something was wrong, but he only took my hand and squeezed it.

I don't deserve him, I really don't. "Katy?" Dylan snapped me out of my daze by pressing his lips to my hand. "Huh?" I looked at him. My boyfriend looked at me for a long moment. "Your brothers were just asking you what you wanted to do today." he softly said. I took a deep breath. "You know what? I'm actually not feeling well... I'm going to go lie down." I let go of Dylan's hand, stood up, avoided everyone's eyes and walked out of the kitchen.

I let my tears fall as soon as I got into my room and fell onto my bed face down. Only a minute had passed before Dylan was by my side. "Baby, whats wrong?" He was rubbing my back softly. I didn't respond. "Kates... I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on." he softly said. I continued to sob into my pillow. After a long silence, he just pulled me into his arms. "Shh baby, shh shh shh..." He whispered rubbing my back. "How could you love someone like me?" I looked at my boyfriend and wiped away my tears.

Suddenly, all I wanted was to feel his love, to know that someone loved me. So I crushed my lips onto his and kissed him, throwing my arms around his neck. "Katy, what's going on?" He pulled away, obviously confused. "Just kiss me Dylan." I pulled him to me again and kissed him, feeling his love radiate into my body. All of a sudden, Dylan's kisses changed. They began to get faster and more passionate. "I don't think you understand how I feel about you Katy." he whispered in my ear and then began leaving a trail of wet kisses down my neck. "I don't want anyone but you. I couldn't ever want anyone but you Katy." His breath hit my neck and sent chills up my spine. I buried my face in his neck, hoping that what he had just said was true.

Daddy came home from his trip early as a surprise for my birthday and he came bearing gifts for everyone including Dylan, but his didn't come in a box. "And Dylan, don't think I've forgotten you." Dad said to him. He looked up with surprise written all over his face. "Me?" he asked, glancing over at me. Dad nodded, laughing at his surprise. My father reached into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper. "What's this?" Dylan asked, slowly taking it from my dad's hand. "A plane ticket to Georgia." he answered matter of factly. Dylan laughed aloud. "Sir, I realize that I'm dating your daughter and you probably want to get rid of me, but I-"

"Actually Dylan, I quite like you." Dad cut him off.

"You do?" Once again, Dylan looked shocked.

"Yes, I think you're an an amazing support system for my daughter, you're well mannered and you make her happy. Dylan, I like you so much that I've landed you an audition in Atlanta for a new show coming on MTV." Dylan's mouth dropped and so did mine.

"An audition?"

"For a show?"

"Well, I heard that acting was something that you wanted to do so while I was in New York I scheduled an audition for you." He nonchalantly said.

Dylan seemed to be in complete shock, but when I threw my arms around him in a hug, he snapped out of it. "Oh my god Dylan!" I wanted to jump up and dance for him because he seemed to be too shocked to do it himself. "Dylan this is your chance!" I yelled. Dylan took a huge breath and pulled himself back together. "Thank you sir. I promise I won't let you down." he said to my dad. "Now excuse me." he said quietly and then stood up and walking outside. "What's he doing?" my dad asked. "Probably calling his parents." I shrugged. Then all of a sudden, "YES!" sounded threw the walls. It was obviously him. A few seconds later, he walked in casually as if nothing had happened. Dad and I erupted into uncontrollable laughter.