Ch 4 Picnic

POV:Amanda

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and looked at who was calling.

Mitch.

I groaned and pressed answer."Hello?"I said sleepily."Hey Amanda.I didn't wake you up did I?"Mitch said sounding wide awake."Yeah but it's fine.What's up?"I asked sitting up in bed."I was hoping maybe I could take you out to eat tonight.To apologize for last night."He said shyly.I blushed and smiled to myself."That sounds wonderful.What time are you coming over?"I listened to his response as I pulled on a pair of pants."Around 1:40 that okay with you."I nodded and mentally scolded myself for being such an idiot."Yeah that's fine.See you then."I said as I walked towards my closet to pick out an outfit."Cya."I hung up the phone and grabbed a towel to take a shower.

------

I pulled my hair into a braid to the side of my face and pulled on the outfit I picked out.Jean shorts with a pink ombre tank top with matching Vans.I pulled out my phone and looked at the time.

1:20

I had 20 minutes to do whatever I want.

I decided to record some videos before I left.

I opened up my recording software and started to record a quick video for my minecraft let's play.

"What's up guys?It's MandaGames and welcome to another episode of minecraft!"

---------

"Nice recording."A voice said from behind me after I was finished and jumped slightly.I turned around and let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was Mitch."Why were you watching me?"I said trying to cover my blush.He shrugged and smirked at me."It's because you're really awkward and shy and it's really cute."I blushed harder and stood up from the chair."Shut up."He laughed and I made my way towards the door."Ready?"He asked putting his arm out.I linked it into mine and nodded."You look good by the way,Amanda."Mitch said as we got into the car."You don't look too bad yourself."I said with a chuckle.He smiled and started to car.

-------

We stepped out of the car and I was confused to see that we were at a park."I thought you said you would take me out to eat?"I said as we stepped out."We are."He replied back as he pulled out a picnic basket and a blanket.I followed him towards a nearby tree and helped him set out the picnic beneath the tree.He pulled out a plastic container of strawberries and handed it to me."Mitch did you plan all of this?"I asked with amazement.He nodded and pulled out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me."Mitch you didn't have to do this really."I said taking a bite out of my sandwich."No no no,you deserve it really."He said with a bright smile.I returned the smile back and brushed a piece of hair out of my face.We sat in silence or a while as we listened to the sound of nature around us.Suddenly the sky turned a dark gray and a soft sprinkle of rain hit my nose."Uh Mitch."I said softly."Hm?"As if on queue it start to lightly pour."Ah shit!"He muttered out as he quickly gathered all of the food and the blanket off the ground.We both ran quickly to the car and slammed the door behind us.Mitch looked at me with disappointment and I giggled softy."Look at how wet we are."His frown imminently went into a smile and he laughed along with me."Come on let's not let this rain ruin out fun time."I said with a smile."What should we do?"He asked as he started up the car."Let's go to my house and play some games."I said with a grin.He returned it back and started to drive towards my house.

--------

I quickly slammed the door behind us with a soft laugh and threw my shoes to the side.Mitch did the same and we both flopped down on the couch."So,what game do you want to play?"I asked after a couple of moments."Maybe some CoD?"He chuckled."Unless you're scared I'll beat you."I rolled my eyes and stood up to turn on the tv and Xbox.

------

"You better give up now Manda."Mitch said with a hint of cockiness in his voice.I shook my head and went back to focusing on the game."WAIT HOW DID YOU-"He said with anger coating his voice.I laughed as the game finally ended."THAT'S NO FUCKING FAIR."He screamed out as he threw the controller to the ground.I looked up at him and tried my hardest not to laugh when I saw him sitting with his arms crossed and his cheeks puffed out slightly.I lightly poked his cheek and smiled at him."Come on Mitch don't be mad at me."He continued to stay quiet and I finally got an idea.I sat down on the couch next to him and pulled his arms away from his chest and sat right in his lap."A-Amanda?"He said with a yelp.I giggled and pulled the controller from the ground and brought his hands in front of me and placed the controller in them."Okay.I'm going to teach you a couple tricks alright?"He only managed a nod with flushed cheeks and I taught him how to be better at the game.I let go of his hands and set the controller down and continued to sit in his lap.I got up and he quickly pulled me back into his lap."You're warm."Mitch muttered out into my back.I giggled and leaned closer to him.

He is so close to me.

I cleared my throat after a couple of moments of silence and smiled brightly at him."Thank you for Mitch.I had a good time but I think I should go."I stood up but he quickly grabbed my wrist."H-how about you stay h-here for t-tonight it's still pouring out."Mitch said softly.I smiled and tried to hide the blush covering my cheeks. "Alright,I'll just sleep on the couch."I said as I quickly sat back down.He nodded and played with a piece of my hair."You're my best friend you know that right Amanda?"Mitch said as he continued to play with my hair.I felt pain shoot though me and I smiled trying to hide the hurt and nodded."And you're my best friend too,Mitch."He smiled back and stood up from the couch."I'm going to record a few things,you'll be alright down here by yourself right?"I nodded and turned on the tv."Cya in a bit."I said as I tried to hide my disappointment."Cya."I waited for him to go up the stairs and sighed into the pillow.

Why can't he love me?

------------

Sorry if this isn't my best writing but I've been feeling a bit depressed.

I hope you guys enjoy anyway.

Vote for more,comment for ideas.

I love you all.

-Katty