ugly when you cry

"Daniel come to our dorm now, please." Moonbyul worriedly asked over the line. Daniel's eyes widened at the tone of her voice, quickly bouncing up from his seat.

"What happened?" He questioned worriedly. "No time to explain, just hurry over! I text you the address from Young ae's phone." Moonbyul stammered before abruptly ending the call.

She didn't want history to repeat itself. Young ae didn't want it to either. She felt her world spin as a sensation of fury and pain entered her lungs, removing all oxygen.

Young ae was shivering lightly, still shocked from the incident. She shook her head continuously, repeating the words 'get out' . Moonbyul's heart clenched at the scene. She knew her Best Friend was strong but because of her past she could see the small cracks becoming bigger.

————

Daniel was panicking, frantically jumping into a pair of jeans and his sweatshirt. Sung Woon looked at him with curious eyes, "what's wrong dude?" Daniel eyes wavering from place to place, finding his wallet. "Young ae. Something's wrong with her and I need to check up on her. Make manager-nim and excuse and tell him I visited the pharmacy or something. Bye!" Daniel's words came out almost incoherent as he paced out the door. Sung Woon widened his eyes, gasping in paroxysm. He wanted to shout for him but closed his mouth again, stopping himself.

He collected his wandering thoughts, adjusting and fixing himself before running out the dorm. Being absentminded like he usually was, he forgotten to bring a mask to shade him from the public's eye. His thin fingers gripped the edges of his hood, tugging it down to cover his head and the sides of his face. He kept his head steadily low looking at his phone while thoughts raced through his mind at record speed.

It was chaos for the two. Daniel; trying to navigate his way discreetly and collecting himself to not go borderline crazy. He was so worried about young ae, he could even feel his heart shake and slowly dissipate. Young ae; trying her best to not let the past affect her and stop crying. She hated the need to cry in front of others, she hated how vulnerable she was. But she couldn't help but let the memories eat her soul away.

But Daniel couldn't give up. He needed her so badly, he didn't want to see her in pain or cry. He wanted her to be happy and always by him. He wanted her to live a good life, because of how much his heart longed for her.

"Young ae... wait ... for me... I'm coming." Daniel said in between breathes, panting heavily as he neared the apartments. His head turned to the loud sound of shrill screaming. He frantically pulled his hoodie downwards when he heard his name being called in the middle of a sentence.

He muttered a curse before dashing into the alley, entering the dorm through a hidden route provided by Moonbyul.

Moonbyul tapped her feet impatiently as she hugged young ae tightly, hoping to awaken her from her subconsciousness. Young ae felt droplets of hot tears in her eyes before it was travelling down. She felt a warm tingling sensation course through her body as the loud cackles of laughters filled her eardrums. The sound of whipping and harsh words filled them too, making her shiver with fear.

The door swung open as Daniel's frantic eyes caster a glance at young ae's pale stature. He shook his head in fear, "no no no no." He mumbled worriedly. His knees buckled forward, losing the strength he had, enclasping young ae in his meaty arms.

He shook his head and was shocked at her state. He felt so sad and broken when he looked at her. Daniel frowned and felt his fist tightened.

He embraced her gently, whispering to her delicately to wake her up from her nightmare. "Everything is fine, I'm here young ae. It's me, Daniel." He murmured.  She stopped stirring and her eyelids fluttered open, revealing a set of fresh glazed eyes.

She gasped softly, nuzzling her face into his warm sweatshirt. Dampening it with more tears. Her thin legs fell to the of his waist as he patted her back, resting his Chin on top of her head. Her hiccups were muted as she let her arms hug his waist and lock her own hands together behind his back.

"Tell jong hyuk to go a-away. It's s-so scar-ry." She sobbed out, fingers gripped onto his sweat shirt. She felt her tears drop down her face but rubbed it against his shirt.

Daniel was shocked but chuckled softly. "Go away you bad rascal!" He hollered childishly, feigning a grin. Moonbyul smiled walking back to the kitchen to place the food.

Young ae lifted her head up, eyes locking with his. She was hiding the small smile that was urging to break out. She nuzzled the tip of her nose into his chest, hiding the big grin that covered her face.

The loud and screechy sounds left her head and was filled with the loud thumping of her heart. She felt better.

Daniel stretched out his arm to grab the tissue box, pulling a single piece out. He lifted her head slightly, using the tissue to gently dab

 He lifted her head slightly, using the tissue to gently dab

away the trail of tears. He grinned at her, "you look ugly when you cry." Daniel joked. Young ae gasped, glaring at him. "Piece of horse crap." She cursed him.

Daniel bared his teeth with a bright smile, hugging her tightly and placing his head on her shoulder. He hugged her tightly while rolling on the floor for 5 minutes straight.

The sat there laughing away childishly while Moonbyul snapped shots like a proud mother or a crazy fan. She smirked before thinking of many ways to black mail her dear Friend.