❥ chapter 5

[ Shirogane ]

After I woke up I noticed [ y/n ] wasn't with Yukisada. When I asked him where she was he told me she had went up to Rockma to thank her for saving me. Tch I know she thinks I'm a coward just like everyone else on this island . .

I woke up quite late so I ended up eating some dinner Yukisada had spared me. He's good at cooking.

After I finished eating I was contemplating whether Yukisada would let me stay at his place or if I had to go back to my cave. I'd rather stay here , it's warm and comfortable , I feel at home like I'm not some stray dog. While in the cave I feel dreadful and scared , geez even a coward at your own home , pathetic . .

My thoughts where cut short as I heard the door knock. My ear twitched at the sudden sound. Yukisada excused himself and went to open the door and seconds later I heard a loud screech.

I flinched and jumped out of my seat. I ran up to Yukisada who was now carrying someone. [ y/n ].

I began to panic just like Yukisada was.

"Wh-what happened to her ?!"

I exclaimed frantically as Yukisada carried her to his bed. He lay her down but something was . . off.

She was wearing a black dress jacket instead of the one she had gotten from Rockma. The only person who wore a suit was . .

"Idate"

I spoke harshly his name taste of venom in my mouth.

Yukisada looked up at me confused.

"Y-you mean he did this ?"

He seemed to connect the dress jacket to Idate and saw what I was talking about. I nodded , of course it was him only he would do such thing . .

"What should we do ?"

Yukisada asked. I snapped my eyes away from the hurt girl. She seemed to be in such pain even unconscious , I could only image what he'd done to her fragile form.

"W-we should wait , he might still be outside. . We'll tell Rockma about it in the morning"

I hated myself for being so dependent on Rockma. I hated that she was stronger than me , superior , better , and she knew it too of course. She'd tell me how low I was like the rest  would , and it was true I am a coward , merely a stray defenceless dog who's way to dependent on the people around me. I can't even stand up against myself. But only Rockma could punish Idate for doing such things to my friend. I shook my head , now wasn't the time for self pity.

"Y- yeah that sounds like a plan"

Yukisada replied nervously. He must be just as worried as I am . .

"I'll tend to her wounds as of now , if you want you could stay the night and watch over her to see if she wakes up"

I nodded , I didn't want anything to happen to her. After all she was a new visitor and one of my few friends.

After Yukisada cleaned up some of her wounds he covered her with a blanket and let her rest.

He went to bed as I stayed up watching over her as she slept peacefully. Her chest would rise and sink in sync , never did it go out of rhythm. I made sure it wouldn't.

Her lips were parted and the bruise on her bottom lip was visible to the eye. Her hair was a mess , but it suit her. I had never seen a human before. Yukisada had told me about them but never had I seen one , and to be fair they just look like us but without tail and ears. Well peraco doesn't have a tail . . Maybe she's human too in disguise as a penguin ?

I tried my best to stay up the whole night to make sure nothing happened to her. My eyelids where heavy and it was hard to keep my head up and I began to drift of. .