❥ chapter 10

[ Shirogane ]

Lonely. Useless. Imbecile. Weak. The four perfect nouns that seem to describe me best. Or at least that's what everyone else seem to tell me. What everyone else wants me to believe. But . . Is it what I'm supposed to believe in ? Surely they must be right , they must be right if even . . If even [ y/n ] thinks less of me . . I know she does deep down. She doesn't want to be here after all.

I lay in bed thinking. I seem to be good at that at least. I can let a whole day pass where I just lay in bed thinking. I don't seem to be good at anything. . Other than thinking at least. In my thoughts I don't have to run away. Cause you can't run away from your own head. Your own mind.

I don't like thinking though. All my thoughts are clouded by despair. The despair people have put me in as they make me feel worthless. It's not my fault I haven't been able to stand up for myself. They never give me a chance to as they lunge at me without mercy.

I uncovered myself from my cloak and sat on the edge of the bed. Looking down at the ground droplets fell. They fell from my eyes and I couldn't be less surprised at that moment. I seemed to cry an awful lot.

I let the tears stream. I wasn't sure why I was crying. There was a lot to cry about. The fact that I'm always running away from everything. The fact that no one in the village except Yukisada cares for me. That everyone in this island hates my guts. The fact that . . The fact that the only person I seem to care for wants to escape this god forsaken island. And not even I can seem to change her mind about it either.

I choked on my tears.

"You really are an imbecile"

A dark voice spoke and I raised my head sharply towards the sound of the voice. I knew that voice all too well. .

Idate . .

Fear rose and I could feel my heart beating hard against my chest. What could he possibly want this time ? Doesn't he know he has hurt me enough already ? Well of course he knows that . .

I couldn't speak. My voice was stuck down my throat and my mind was racing all too fast to actually make a sentence.

"Rat got your tongue ?"

A dark chuckle emerged from the shadows and I could see the tall silhouette at the corner of my cave. He was nearing me and by each step he drew closer the smell of nicotine got stronger only confirming further that this was none other than Idate. I instinctively drew back which was a bad idea as a hand gripped my throat firmly. I choked as I tried to fill my lungs with oxygen , I clawed onto his hands but all to no avail.

"I got you now you pitiful dog"

Another dark chuckle managed to escape him as he tortured me in my own cave. Tears prickled my eyes and I felt as if my head was gonna pop off my neck.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here , right Shiro kun ? Well I'll explain it to you"

I gurgled and choked and made all kinds of noises as I tried to gasp for air.

"I've noticed you've taken a liking to [ y/n ] chan . . Am I right ?"

My eyes widen. He couldn't possibly be . . He didn't wait for me to answer as he continued.

"Of course I am! Well you must know by now why I came here ?"

He smirked.  Of course I knew. I knew that [ y/n ] had caught idates eye. Everyone seemed to have caught an eye for her. It wasn't often visitors turned up stranded on the island after all. And none like [ y/n ] to say the least.