five

stanley finally left his room, unsure of what time it was. he didn't know how long he slept, but he could hear voices in the day room, so he made his way there.

he found bill in his usual spot as he entered the room, his face lighting up as he saw stanley.

he took his spot beside bill.

"what are we doing right now?"

"w-we have f-free time until di-dinner, i've been here th-the whole t-time though." bill said, embarrassed.

"well, do you want to go join the group?"

the boy nodded, leading stanley over to their friends in the corner of the room.

"thank god you're back, stanley. bill over here was looking worse than he did the first day we were here. looking like his dog died or some shit." richie joked.

he looked up at bill, who seemed very embarrassed to say the least.

"damnit, stanley, i'm just glad you're okay." richie said.

everyone else in the group agreed, as bill looked over at ms. ellen and ms. paige. neither of them were paying attention, so he threw his arms around stanley, pulling him into his body.

stanley carefully hugged back. they fit together perfectly, and it brought a smile to their faces.

the rest of the group joined in on the hug too, staying away from stans arms.

they pulled apart though, as eddie began to get paranoid that they were all going to be put on isolation, which was pretty impossible.

richie, unable to keep his mouth shut for any longer than he had, spoke up.

"what movie do you think we're going to watch tonight?"

"movie?" stanley questioned.

"on fri-fridays and s-s-saturday's we get t-to watch movies after d-dinner."

stanley nodded, taking in the information.

"i don't know but i swear to god if they play despicable me again i'm going to cry." eddie spoke.

"eddie, you made me sit in the corner with you so you didn't see it. you're literally five. what's so bad about it anyways?"

"richie, i can't believe you're telling me i'm five. it just.. scares me. that's all."

"w-w-what's scary about d-despicable me?" bill intervened.

"it's those minions."

"wait, you're afraid of minions?" ben asked, the whole group laughing.

"they're like a walking infection, okay?" eddie said, beginning to grow embarrassed.

richie seemed to notice, as he was quick to defend him.

"they are kind of scary." richie said, trying to normalize eddies fear.

the group got over it after richie continued to defend the boy, then leaving for dinner.

"okay but what's up with dr. boyde? calling me in at the ass crack of dawn?"

"dustin, at least he's not calling you in that early to talk about making you like vagina."

"that is so disgusting." eddie mumbled.

"what, vagina? i know, right!" richie said, hoping that's what eddie meant.

"hey, richie, can i ask you something?"

"go for it, stan the man."

"well, you know how you said you just kind of know you're gay?"

"mhmm."

"well, what if you don't really know?"

"well, do you think about fu-" he paused. "do you think about kissing boys?"

"i mean... not exactly. i've never thought about kissing girls."

"not exactly?" richie inquired.

"i mean, wanting to kiss one boy doesn't make me gay, does it?"

bill felt his heart flutter and his face flush. did stanley want to kiss him?

bill looked up at stanley, both unable to control the smiles that came to their faces as they looked at each other.

richie laughed, looking at this friends.

"stanley?"

"yes, richie?"

"if you think about kissing bill, you're probably gay."

the boys looked up at each other, surprised, before looking up at richie.

"it's n-n-not like t-th-th-" bill began, unable to finish.

"i wasn't talking about bill." stanley said, his mouth going dry.

"alright, and eddie doesn't think about kissing me either." he said, sarcastically.

"who said i did?"

"it's okay, hun, we all knew it anyways." richie said, pretending to flip his hair. "alright, we have bill and and stan, eddie and i, who else?"

"eddie and i?" eddie asked, but everyone ignored.

everyone fell silent, their eyes scanning across their friends faces.

el's face was particularly red, including bens.

"el, you look a little flustered." richie spoke. "you too, ben. is bel a thing?" he questioned, taking a bite of his food.

"oh, no." ben said, laughing.

"oh, god no." el said. "i love ben, but no." she said, laughing along with ben.

"who is it then? will?"

"no, oh my god richie!" she laughed. "is it that hard?" she asked, looking up at the boy beside her.

"ah, mel is a thing. i get it now. look at my mikey boy go." richie said, continuing to shove food in his mouth. "the benverly ship seems to be sailing as well, am i right?"

ben looked up at beverly, his face burning.

"she's taking off very slowly, but beginning to sail nonetheless." she said with a smile.

"i guess that leaves.. dill?"

"alright, richie, as much as i actually do think about 'kissing boys', i don't particularly think about kissing dustin."

"ah, come on, you ruined the chain, will!" richie complained, taking his tray up.

we all made our way upstairs, heading to our showers.

stanley rushed his shower again, excited to see bill.

he towel drys his head full of curls, pulling his pajamas on and heading to the day room.

he searches for bill, but noticing his absence, he slips out of the room. as much as he'd love to watch shrek, that would have to wait.

"ms. ellen, may i go do my laundry?"

she nodded, leaving the boy to take care of his things.

stanley made his way to the laundry room, basket in his right arm, smiling to himself. this was the only way he could talk to bill alone, and he was thankful that he could.

he opened the door, closing it behind him, his eyes going wide at what he saw, standing before him.

//

super excited for the next chapter omg

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris