eleven

stanley rushed his shower again for the first time in the past few days, now staring in the bathroom mirror, trying to find the courage for what he was about to do. every second that ticked by he grew even more anxious, finally opening the bathroom door and heading to his room, grabbing his laundry, sliding the folded picture in his pocket.

ms. ellen was used to stanleys schedule now, letting stanley do his laundry without asking. he passed the doors at the end of the hallway, turning left and freezing in front of the door to the laundry room. he worked up the courage for this moment, then having his heart sink as he found the room empty.

he continued on with his laundry, hoping bill would show up sometime, but each minute that passed, the room grew to feel even lonelier.

stanley didn't have help now, trying to figure out how to do it without getting his arms wet. he wished he had the plastic covers he had used earlier in the shower, but he figured it out without them, and carried his basket out of the room, feeling his mood drop each second that he hadn't seen bill.

he took the empty basket into his room, sliding it under his desk. he sat on his bed, heart beating fast due to the anxiousness, and tears coming to his eyes as he realized he wouldn't get to fix this.

after a few moments of thinking, he wiped his eyes. he disregarded the thoughts shooting through his head, the worries of getting caught, and stood up. he made sure the paper was still in his pocket, making his way to his door. he opened it, his heart picking up with each movement.

he wanted to turn around, forget about everything that happened, and spend the rest of his time in brook meadow in his room, not having to deal with being reminded of not being able to be with bill, but he also wanted to be with bill more than anything. he knew what he had to do.

he looked down both sides of the hallway, finding it empty as everyone was in highs and lows.

stanley walked across the hallway, standing in front of bills door. he couldn't wrap his mind around what was happening at that moment, and he was terrified of getting caught. his chance of being with bill would definitely be over.

he knew he had to hurry before anyone walked into the hallway, so he drew a deep breath in, then knocking on the door.

bill was very confused as he heard the knock, as the staff opened the door right after knocking.

he stood up, carefully opening the door, his eyes going wide as he saw who stood on the other side.

"st-stanley-" bill paused, grabbing the boy and pulling him in the room without thinking, closing the door behind him. "are you f-fucking crazy? if anyone s-s-saw that, they'd s-switch one of our units before w-we knew it."

stanley didn't know how to respond, but was still very thankful that he took the risk. he finally had the chance to talk to bill, and that was all he needed.

"i needed to talk to you."

bills face softened as all he wanted to do was talk to stanley, but he was still hurt and he didn't know if he wanted to hear what stanley had to stay.

"w-what do y-you want?"

stanley intertwined his fingers with bills before responding.

"i'm so sorry about the other night. i guess i just had trouble with coming to terms with the fact that i am gay, and you're the first person i've felt this way about. i didn't really have much time to figure this out and there isn't really a valid excuse. i just want you to know how much i really do like you." stanley said, afraid of the boys reaction.

"st-stanley, i-"

"i have something for you." he interrupted, reaching his hand into his pocket. "i was going to leave it in your laundry basket, but you weren't in there. it's kind of stupid but just.. wait until i leave to look at it."

bill nodded, taking the piece of paper in his hands and sliding it into his pocket.

"i'm s-so s-s-sorry stanley."

stanley didn't respond, he just wrapped his arms around the boys frail frame, his heart beat beginning to slow down.

"i'm sorry."

after a few moments, bill pulled away.

"count to five." bill told him, just like the last time.

bill walked out of the room, leaving stanley.

he felt the same anxiety as last time, terrified of getting caught.

one.

two.

he heard bill close his bathroom door.

three.

four.

the bathroom door didn't open, so stanley knew what he had to do.

"five." he whispered to himself, stepping out of the doorway.

"stanley?"

//

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris