six

stanley laughed, watching the boy in front of him struggling to pick up all of the clothes that he had dropped.

stanley bent down, picking up clothing and helping him pile it into the washer.

"where did all of this come from?"

"i t-told richie i'd do h-his laundry until s-s-something happened."

"what would that be?" stanley asked, becoming curious.

"i can't s-say until i-it happens." bill spoke, a small smile creeping onto this face at the thought.

"keeping secrets now, are we?" stanley smiled at the boy.

"y-you'll figure out s-soon enough." his cheeks flushed. "i like th-that shirt." he said, nodding towards a yellow and black flannel stanley was putting into the washer.

stanley nodded, thanking him, an idea making its way into his head. he didn't bring attention to the idea, as he watched bill start the washer, moving onto his clothes.

"bill, would you be able to start this for me? i can't exactly get my arms wet." stanley said, a nervous laugh making its way out of his lips.

"of course."

bill poured the detergent in, starting the machine and closing it for stan.

"y-you know, i like your hair like th-this. the wet curls, k-kind of reminds me of r-ramen noodles." bill said holding his laughter in, ruffling stanley's hair.

"no touching other patients, billiam." stanley exclaimed, mocking richie.

they looked at each other in silence, bill intertwining his fingers with stans.

"i'm really g-glad you're okay, st-stanley." he looked into stans eyes, a smirk playing on his face. he moved closer, feeling his legs grow weak as he looked into his eyes. "you're so b-beautiful."

their hearts started beating even harder, in sync, as they moved closer and closer.

bill became weaker and weaker under his gaze, and stanley's heart beat with anticipation as he looked into the younger boys eyes.

stanley moved his hand up to bills face, the other still intertwined with his, in almost the same exact position as the night before.

bill swallowed, his mouth going dry. bill knew what he wanted to happen, and that's all he could think about.

stanley knew what he wanted to happen, and any thoughts of his sexuality disappeared.

they didn't know how they would identify themselves. they didn't know how their parents would react, they didn't even know how to react. they didn't really know anything for certain, they just knew how they felt about each other.

it was just bill and stanley, alone in that room. they both knew how crazy it would sound to anyone else, as they had just met a few days prior and felt so strongly for one another.

they were so close, close enough to feel the others breath on his lips. the gap between them almost closed, before the door opened.

they jumped apart, stanley acting as if he was helping bill with his laundry.

the staff member wore an ID tag labeled "terri, adult staff".

she placed bottles of detergent and fabric softener on the shelves, not paying attention to the boys.

she left, unaware of the moment that had left them both so flustered.

stanley helped him finish his laundry, neither of them speaking, just smiling.

they walked back to the group together, bill doing everything he could not to intertwine his fingers with stans.

they sat through the group, both unable to stop thinking about what had just happened.

the rest of their friends knew something was up, but none of them pointed it out that night.

during the group, stanley turned so his back was up against the table behind him, grabbing a pencil. he smiled at the boy in front of him, and began writing a note.

a few minutes before the end of the group, stanley stood up, walking over to ms. ellen. he knew his parents probably wouldn't be there to visit him, as his mom had only come the first night, his father not showing up at all. he decided to take advantage of that.

"can i go to the bathroom, please?"

she let the boy go, but little did she know, he walked past his bathroom. he walked out of the adolescent hallway, and turned back into the laundry room.

he took his clothes out of the dryer, folding them neatly and piling them into the basket, the yellow and black flannel sitting on top.

he took the basket into his room, putting it down on the floor, picking up the flannel and the note.

stanley stepped out of his room, checking both sides of the hallway, finding it empty.

he walked to the room across from him, taking a deep breath in and opening the door, hoping he wouldn't get caught.

"no other patients allowed in your room." a voice echoed in his head, but he ignored it.

he stepped in, stopping as he noticed the comfort items on the boys bed. there was a yellow rain coat, and a paper sail boat. he set the note and flannel onto the bed, picking up the rain coat.

it was old and somewhat dirty, but it intrigued stanley. he looked at the tag on the inside, which read georgie denbrough in very neat print.

he felt a wave of emotions come though him, as he realized what this was. his heart broke for bill, but he knew he had to get out of the room, as group would be ending any minute.

he set the rain coat in the same place it had been, turning to leave the room.

as he turned, a force pushed him into the wall.

//

how many cliff hangers can someone have in one book?? guess we'll find out

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris