eighteen

stanley stood around all of his friends, every single one of them crying, including him.

some of them crying out of happiness for their friend being adopted, most crying because he was leaving; some a mix of both.

but stanley was crying for so much more than that.

he was crying because he wasn't used to someone caring the way ms. ellen did, almost the same way bill did. he was crying because he lost bill, and he'd never have someone who cared as much as bill, he's never loved someone as much as bill. he knew life was getting better, but it would never get any better after moving in with ms. ellen, because he didn't have bill.

"i hate you." stanley spoke, his face staying serious before bursting into a smile through his tears.

richie broke into a smile too, pulling stanley into a hug, crying into his shoulder while slipping a paper with his phone number in stanleys pocket, as the others would do.

ms. ellen had the group of friends lined up in front of stanley, saying their goodbyes.

"watching you leave is almost as hard as fighting the demogorgon." dustin spoke, excited at the thought but tears still making their way into his eyes.

"i never know what the hell you're talking about." stanley said, pulling the curly headed boy into a hug.

ben stood in front of stanley after dustin moved to the side.

"i wrote this poem for you, i figured you could put it on one of your drawings for bill. i know you'll find each other."

they hugged, stanley growing even more upset at the thought of bill.

"i love you, stanny." the fiery red head ruffled stanleys curls, before pulling him into a hug and shifting so will had room to say his goodbyes.

"stanley, i really hope you realize how much you matter."

stanleys tears poured out again as will hugged him.

the rest of the group joined the hug, trying to calm the boy.

"stanley, it's time to go." ms. ellen spoke up after a bit.

she walked in, putting her hands on the boys shoulders as she lead him out.

he looked back at his friends, smiling at them one last time.

ms. ellen lead stanley to his room, carrying his bag out for him.

everything felt surreal to stanley as he followed her to the front desk, not hearing anything as she picked up his discharge papers.

he looked around as he entered the lobby, a part of the building he had never seen before.

walking through the doors, he finally felt like himself as the cool october air hit his face, a smile forming.

he grew cold in the grey sweatpants and black t-shirt he was wearing, but he pushed it aside as he followed her to the car.

they approached a white sonata, stanley forgetting about everything for a moment.

ms. ellen opened the door for stanley, then putting his things in the back and making her way to her seat.

although everything seemed to go by so slowly to stanley, he felt the feeling bill gave him, the feeling he associated with happiness.

the car started, the smile still stuck on stanleys face.

"thank you, ms. ellen." he spoke, truly thankful for the person beside him.

"you can call me whatever you want, stan. you don't have to call me ms. ellen anymore."

//

i love this and the person ms. ellen is based off of and i'm happy now oops

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris