sixteen

the boys pulled apart, surprised, as they heard a gasp come from the door way.

they both held their breath, looking over to the door.

stanley let out a sigh as he realized who was standing in the doorway.

"what the fuck, richie?"

"jeez, i didn't know i wasn't allowed in here. it was my make out room first, homos." he spoke, sticking his tongue out. "anyways, ms. ellen is looking for both of you, she said it's important." richie spoke, cluelessly, closing the door behind him.

the boys looked at each other, growing nervous before making their way out of the room and down the hallway.

"m-ms. ellen. r-richie said y-you were l-looking for us."

"yes-" she paused, sighing. "i asked if i could tell you, as i didn't want you to get it hard from anyone else, but henry told us what he saw, and we have no choice but to put you boys on boundaries until bill leaves. i'm so sorry." she spoke apologetically, her words laced with regret.

•••

it was 5:24 pm, meaning there was only six minutes until dinner was over, and six minutes until bill was supposed to leave.

stanley was currently sitting on his bed, unable to stop the tears from falling and the sobs from escaping his lips.

he hadn't left his bed all day, and he knew he would only be able to bring himself to when bill left, if that would even be possible. he wasn't allowed to be anywhere near bill, but he didn't know if he'd ever see him again, and he'd never forgive himself if he didn't say his goodbyes to his boyfriend.

he was already falling apart knowing that bill was leaving, and he had no idea what he was going to do without bill. he was going to have to go back to how things were, and he couldn't do that. he was afraid to be alone.

his thoughts were interrupted as he heard a knock on his door, realizing he had to get up as it hadn't opened.

stanley attempted to compose himself before opening the door, his eyes red and puffy.

"stanley, could you come to the day room with me? i'm the only adolescent staff tonight and i'd like to let you see bill before he leaves."

tears began to pour out again, as he pulled his arms around ms. ellen.

ms. ellen, stunned, paused before wrapping her arms around the broken boy.

she was the only person besides his new friends that really did care. he hadn't taken her up on her offer of talking to her about everything, but he knew she'd be the person he'd go to whenever he needed to.

the amount of trust he had for her was something he should've had for his own mother, but he couldn't. she showed more care to him in the past week than his mother ever did in his sixteen years. he was truly thankful for ms. ellen and all that she had done for him.

they pulled apart, ms. ellen's hands on the boys shoulders, holding him still has his body shook with each sob.

"hey, we're gonna go say goodbye to bill, and then we're getting another staff member to sit in the hallway so i can sit in here and talk to you about everything, alright? you're a strong boy and you've lived through so much, we're going to get you through this, no matter how hard it is, alright?"

stanley nodded, thanking the woman for everything she had done.

she lead him down the hallway and into the day room, and his red, puffy eyes met bills exhausted eyes.

they made their way over to each other, bill beginning to cry along with stanley.

they had only known each other for a week and this was the hardest thing either of them had to do.

bill pulled the sobbing boy into his arms, not caring about anyone else around them. he didn't know when or if he'd ever see this boy again, and he needed to make sure stanley would be okay.

"st-stanley, listen t-to me." he spoke, pulling away and looking down at his boyfriend.

their eyes met, never leaving each others gaze.

"we're g-g-going t-to find each other, o-okay?"

stanley took in a shaky breath before responding.

"promise?"

"p-promise."

•••

after bill left, stanley sat in the day room until bed time, with richie comforting him. they were both messes, sobbing uncontrollably, attempting to comfort one another. everyone in the room was trying to comfort each other, but it was almost impossible.

stanley was now sitting in his room, telling ms. ellen everything.

she was the first person, besides bill of course, that he felt really understood him. he felt he could trust her with anything, and he did. he knew he got so close with these people so abnormally fast, but he knew that's what happened in places like this. you grow so attached because time goes by differently than it does in the real world, and you think you won't see them afterwards. you create the bond you can to live out a lifetime friendship with these people over the course of a week or so. this didn't make them any less important, this made them even more important. you built something special with them that was almost impossible to build outside of these walls.

it was because of this that stanley made his very first group of friends and family who truly cared, more than his actually family ever did.

he poured everything out to ms. ellen, even things about himself that he'd never told anyone and everything about bill; how strongly he felt for this boy.

she was the only one who understood and accepted it, and didn't treat him any differently, as everyone had treated richie, just because she knew this information.

in just this short amount of time, stanley had made a group of lifetime friends; more like siblings, met a boy he loved more than anything, and even found someone who cared for him as a mother should care for her son.

he was broken without bill, but everything in his life had fallen together perfectly.

//

i'm so emo cbdbejdb, she's not over yet though ;)

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris