(nine treats he left, and the one he got in return)

Summary: One had a sweet tooth, and one was a sweetheart. One was afraid of love, and one couldn't help but love. Or, they always said a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Tags/Themes: 9+1. second person POV. 

Warnings: contains desserts. for some reason, i kept imagining the publishing company in sekaiichi hatsukoi, so yeah. not sure if these boys publish shoujo manga though (lolz).

(nine treats he left, and the one he got in return) -

i. Lollipops

You were late for work, and he entered the elevator just a few steps before you. You thanked him for holding the elevator for you, too frantic in making sure your phone was still in your hand and your wallet wasn't left on the bus and your files had actually followed you to work instead of lying forgotten on your kitchen counter like last week, causing your boss to stare at you in disappointment and your colleagues upset because they had to delay all of their work. You were so busy with your head stuck in your worn faded bag that you didn't hear his "Excuse me" until the third time he repeated it. 

"Which floor?" he asked, smiling slightly at your deer-in-the-headlights expression.

"Ah, um, seventh." 

"Great." He pushed the button, and then looked back at you. You glanced away quickly, realizing you were staring at him.

"Are you on the editing team?" he asked, as the elevator hummed.

"Oh, uh, yes." You closed you bag, wondering why you were so flustered. So what he looked good in that overcoat? You were not interested. You couldn't be interested. Not after... You had to focus.

"I'm from sales," he said, smiling. He extended a hand out at you, eyes bright on your face. "Derrick Summers."

You took his hand, because you weren't rude. "Cian Cassidy."

"Cian, huh? That's a nice name."

"T-thank you." You frowned, pulling back abruptly. You went back to rummaging through your bag, but you weren't sure what you were looking for anymore. His gaze raised something in you, and you didn't like that.

"Are you alright?" His voice sounded closer, and you moved backwards in surprise. Suddenly the elevator seemed too small. "Whoa, sorry. Are you claustrophobic?"

You shook your head, glad he backed away from you, allowing you space to breathe. "I'm... I'm okay." You avoided his gaze, as he was still giving you that worried look. This was why you preferred keeping away from others.

"Okay." He shrugged, but before you could breathe out in relief or, gods forbid, feel disappointed that he brushed it off so easily even though you told him so, a colourful lollipop appeared in your vision.

"What...?"

"For you." He grinned, lighting up the small space. "Have a good day, Cian," he said, waving as the elevator dinged open and he stepped out onto the fifth floor. You were left standing dumbfounded in the elevator, holding a kiwi lollipop and the image of Derrick's smile imprinted in your mind.

ii. Chocolate chip cookies

There was a business meeting and you wondered why you never noticed him before. He had all the right information and more, presented clearly and confidently, all prepared and ready to go. He was good at what he did, with his captivating charisma and natural air of leadership. You couldn't take your eyes off him, and you wished that wasn't true.