Chapter 19

Okay well I won't dilly dally... On with this chapter.

Pic of Toby on the side

*RECAP*

Paxton's POV:

I watch them walk away and lean back on the wall. I hate coming to these things. Too many people with their mates, leaving everyone else to die of boredom. It sucks that I have to come, after all this is a celebration for my mission team's success. I sigh and walk around trying to find a place without people. I finally find one and stand propped up against a tree branch, looking at the stars.

"Mind if I join you?" Asks a familiar voice. I turn around slowly and see the one person I didn't think I would ever see again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Long time no see, huh?" He says ignoring my question. I stare at him, trying to decide what to feel. Anger, happiness, relief, betrayal?

Chapter 19

Paxton's POV:

"I hope you have a good explanation for this, Toby." I say, crossing my arms.

"Trust me, I do. I also have a good reason." He says, folding his arms like mine and leaning against a tree trunk behind him.

"Oh? Explain, please." I reply bitterly.

"As much as I would love to, I can't right now. I need you to take me to Henri." He states.

"Why should I?" I ask, trying to ignore the feeling of his emotions.

"Because, you are in danger! Your whole clan is! They are coming for you and it's my job to inform you this before you and everyone else I care about gets blown to bits!" He shouts. A few people look our way but then turn back and keep enjoying the picnic.

"And what about your precious mate?" I spit.

"They killed her. As they will kill you." He replies. I take a moment to think before I nod.

"Alright follow me, I'll lead you to Henri." I say. In one swift move, I push myself off the wall and start walking in the direction of Henri's office.

"You know I can still feel what you're feeling. No use trying to hide it." Toby says from behind me.

"Why is it that when you left I couldn't feel you at all? Huh? And then suddenly now you're back I feel everything!" I say, whirling around.

"They put a block on me." He says simply.

"We thought you were dead and you never said anything! Who is "they" anyway?" I shout.

"You have to understand when I say there wasn't a way to communicate to you." He says, ignoring my question.

"Toby, who are they?" I ask again. He says nothing.

"Toby, was it the Veralti?" I ask.

"Yes, in a way. In another way, no. I can't tell you." He says.

"Why can't you tell me?" I ask.

"Because they spelled me. Okay? Any time I try to tell you about it I completely forget everything! Some idiotic dark elf was hired to spell me." He shouts, for the first time losing his cool.

"Oh. Well we will have to find a way around it." I state, before turning around and leading him the rest of the way to Henri.

"Pax, don't be dark to me." Toby says from behind me, "I only did what I had to."

"Yeah, yeah." I mumble, knocking on the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose's POV: