Chapter Three

I walk forward and he looks up from his phone, and smiles at me. He gets up and pulls my chair out for me. He may be popular but he's not the rude kind of popular. He's actually really nice. I say thank you and sit down.

"So, why did you want to meet me?" He asks me, sitting back down.

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you something"- I start but he cuts off.

"Listen, I didn't mean for any of that to happen. I swear I just wanted to talk and maybe be more than friends. You seemed like such an interesting and amazing person. I didn't want to go that far, and if it feels like I took advantage of you, I didn't mean to. It just kinda happened. I'm really sor...." He starts rambling but I interrupt him.

"I'm pregnant, Nate." He shuts up and looks at me. He looks like he's about to cry. "And it's yours," I finish saying, my voice sounding so small.

"A-are you sure i-it's m-mine?" He stutters, completely shocked.

"Yes, I- you were my first," I tell him, looking down. I could feel my cheeks starting to turn a shade of pink. I was embarrassed by that, and now I immediately regret saying it.

"Oh my gosh. Reece, I am so sorry. But, what are you going to do with the child?" He asks me.

"I'm not sure yet. That's what I wanted to discuss with you," I tell him.

"Well there is only two options," he tells me. I look up, confusion showing on my face as he continues. "Well, you can keep it or give it up for adoption," he adds. I sit there in silence, the look on my face becoming even more confused. "I think abortion is wrong. A baby is a living thing and just killing it because you're not ready? I think it's messed up. Instead of just killing it, it can have a life, with someone who is financially and mentally ready for a child. We could give it to a family who can support it and it can have an amazing home and life," he tells me, obviously knowing his facts.

"Okay. I see where you're coming from, and, honestly, I completely agree. I guess there is only two options," I finish, taking a sip of my smoothie.