Chapter Five

November's POV
—————————————
I hear the front door open and close. I'm up in my room, listening to music but my sister isn't good at opening the door quietly. I turn down the volume to my music and listen to my sister talking.

"Ok Dani. I need to tell my sister. How do you think she will react, and can you come with me?" Ohhhh, tell me what? I turn my music off completely and open the door. I walk slowly at first to top of the stairs and then bounce down them, taking two at a time, excited to hear what my sister has to say.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Hey Nov. I need to tell you something," she tells me, picking at her fingernails. She usually does that when she's about to lie or she did something horribly wrong, which she will most likely end up getting in trouble for. I'm going with the second one. I have a feeling she's not gonna lie.

"I know. I heard," I tell her. She just rolls her eyes.

"Okay. But you have to promise not to mom or dad yet. I need to be the one to tell them," she tells me. Hmm. She either stole money from them, got expelled or suspended, or is pregnant. Wait- I just realized! She hasn't been home in forever and her stomach is getting bigger.

"Alright. What is so important that you have to tell me," I ask, sounding bored.

"Well, over the summer......" she starts off but I know where this is going.

"You're pregnant? Yeah. I figured it out like two minutes ago. Can I go back to my music now?" I tell her. She just stands there with this hilarious shocked expression. I just stare at her, waiting for the answer. After what seems like hours, she finally snapped out of it. "Im gonna go now. Bye Dani," I say as I'm leaving to head up the stairs. I stop at the top and listen in on their conversation.

"How did she know?" I heard Reece ask Dani.

"I don't know. Just hope she doesn't tell your mom. You'll get your ass whooped if you don't tell her yourself," Dani states. They both walk off into the kitchen. I go back to my room, thinking. How could my sister get pregnant. She isn't really one of those kids who is all about sex and stuff. I imagined I would be the one to get pregnant before her honestly. I quit with the thoughts and drift off to sleep.