TWELVE

Shit. Fuck. Motherfuck. 

"Andromeda Stidolph!" The Alpha King's voice booms from across the room, demanding everyone's attention. "Is there a problem?"

Think. Think. Think. Think.

"Callum Denver's is making a mockery of this meeting with his little whore." I blurt out after a few seconds, shooting my mate a glare. 

"What?!" He yells, pushing his chair back as he stands. "I am doing no such thing!" 

"Just like a Redwood." My father mutters under his breath, shaking his head. 

"You are!" I insist, pushing my own chair back as I stand, making it scrape loudly against the stone floor. I gesture towards the she-wolf. "She's all over you and the two of you are laughing and...and-"

"Canoodling." My father finishes for me. "When you should be listening to what the King is saying. Jonathan, is this really how you raised your son?"

"My son is doing no wrong." Alpha Jon states firmly.

I scoff loudly, rolling my eyes. "As if practically fornicating during a Council Meeting is a perfectly acceptable thing to do."

"King Reyes. I do have to side with Andromeda." Alpha Skylar says, shooting me a quick smile before turning her attention to the King. "Many of us have mates here, you don't see us all 'canoodling'. And the she-wolf doesn't even bear the Alpha-to-be's mark upon her neck. I propose she be removed from the meeting until she can learn appropriate behaviour." 

Skylar shoots me a wink before settling in her seat beside her mate. The King looks from Skylar to Callum to me before settling on the she-wolf that now sits nervously beside Callum. 

"King Reyes, this is absurd! The boy is allowed to-"

"Enough!" The King bellows, interrupting Alpha Jon. "Andromeda, I understand your family's history with the Redwoods, but I will not have you bringing this petty argument into this meeting. Is that understood?"

I nod my head, my eyes finding Callum's - who is wearing a smug look upon his face. 

"And Callum," The smug look disappears from Callum's face when his attention turns to the King. "Andromeda and Skylar are correct. Your displays of affections are not appreciated in this room." The King says, narrowing his eyes on Callum. "Your she-wolf is to leave the meeting immediately. She may stay during the rest of the council, unless she cannot behave and act appropriately. Agreed?"

"Yes, Alpha King." Callum agrees, nodding his head. 

"Edward, escort Bella Farr to her room." The King orders and Edward walks towards the she-wolf and guides her to the door, his hand lightly grasping her arm. 

"Now, can we continue?" The King asks, his eyes looking from Callum to me to Callum again. "Good. Now. There have been no new reports of Rogues - which is worrisome to me. They are never this silent. I have a feeling they are planning something..."

"I didn't take you as the jealous type

"I didn't take you as the jealous type."

"Jesus Christ!" I shriek, nearly jumping out of my skin as I turn the corner and run into Callum. 

He smirks, shaking his head. "For an Alpha Female, you aren't really aware of your surroundings are you?"

"Fuck off." I whisper shout, pushing past him. "Just leave me alone, Callum. I want nothing to do with you."

I can hear him following behind me as I all but jog down the hall to my room. 

"For someone who doesn't want anything to do with me, you sure do get your panties in a twist when another female shows interest."

"My panties are not in a twist!" I growl. 

He chuckles. "Sure, and that whole speech back there was just you looking out for all the other Alphas in the room, right?"

"Right."

He laughs. "Oh Andy. Just admit you were jealous, it would all be-"

I stop quickly, and turn to face him. "I was not jealous!" I demand, almost stomping my foot. 

He grins down at me, making me realize how close we are. "Right. Sorry, I sometimes confuse jealousy with hatred. My bad." He says softly as he gently pushes my blonde hair behind my ear with his fingertips, his eyes following the motion. Electrical sparks ignite the second his skin grazes mine, but disappear when his hand drops away from my face. 

"I-"

"For what it's worth, you really showed everyone the fierce Alpha Female that you will be." He says. "No one will fuck with The Alpha Female, Andromeda Stidolph."

My heart flutters at his words and my breath hitches as he leans forward and whispers my name into my ear - his breath warm on my neck. My wolf goes into a frenzy within my head, begging me to take him right then and there. 

But - before I can do anything, he pulls away from me. He gives me another smirk, and then walks past me towards his room, shooting me one last look before entering and disappearing inside. 

The second his door closes, I release the breath I was holding. I fall against the wall and close my eyes, willing my heart to calm down and my knees to stop shaking. I silently pray to the Moon Goddess that she removes this hold Callum has on me - even though I know it's pointless. 

And then, the anger set in. Red hot fury begins pumping through my veins as I remember why I was 'jealous' in the first place. My eyes shoot open and a low growl escapes my lips. I turn towards his door and stalk forward, not even bothering to knock as I push it open. 

I have to ignore my wolf howling for me to jump him as soon as my eyes land on the shirtless Callum, but it isn't hard. I'm pissed. Nothing will distract me this time. 

Slamming the door behind me, I narrow my eyes at my mate. "Miss me already?" He smirks as he walks over to a dresser and pulls out a clean, black t-shirt. "I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. I love having you around, love."

"Who the fuck is she?" I ask - my voice low and dangerous as I feel my body threatening to shift. 

His head snaps towards me, his eyes landing on mine as realization dawns on his face. He drops the shirt in his hand and turns his body fully towards me, taking a slow step towards my shaking body. 

"Love, I-"

A loud growl rips from me and I can feel my wolf pushing forward as her fury combines with mine. "I asked you a question." I state almost animalistically. "And I want an answer, love."

"Andy. She's no one." He says calmly as he takes another step forward. "Trust me. Her and I are nothing. I am yours and you are mine." 

My breathing turns ragged as my anger turns into hurt. Shaking my head, I say, "She was all over you. And...and you were laughing and whispering into each other's ears. And...and she kissed you! She fucking kissed you, Callum!" 

Before I can react, Callum closes the distance between us and places his hand under my chin, forcing me to look deep within his beautiful, blue eyes - making me lost in their sincerity as he says, "I swear on everything I have - my pack, my family, my life - that she is nothing to me, Andy." 

"B-but, I saw-"

"I know, my love. I know. And I am sorry you had to see that." He says softly. "But trust me. That wasn't to hurt you."

I close my eyes, allowing his simple touch to bring me peace as the sparks dance throughout my soul. I take in a deep breath of his scent and allow it to envelop me like a soft blanket. 

And I release a soft, content sigh the second your soft lips touch mine.