THIRTEEN

Our lips move in perfect harmony - like we have done this a million times before. It started slow and careful, then developed into something deeper - something desperate. Callum's left hand is tangled in my hair as he grasps the back of my neck and holds me to him, his right holding tight to my arm as he keeps me steady despite my shaking knees. My own hands rest on his strong chest - taking in the warmth and electricity that only his touch gives me. 

And I sink into this kiss. I let the feelings that it brings encase me in a warm cocoon of sparks and pure bliss. I accept the bond that I have been fighting. I accept Callum. 

As Callum brings his lips down my jaw and neck to the mark he gave me, I tilt my head back and give access - silently telling him that I am giving him all of me. 

He doesn't hesitate but to take me, either. His mouth comes down on his mark and I cannot help but to moan at the feeling it brings me. I can feel him smile into my neck before he darts his tongue out and tastes me, eliciting another moan. 

And something almost animalistic awakens from within us as Callum pushes me hard against the door - pressing his entire body tightly against me so I can feel every single hard ridge of his body. 

A low, growl emits from within him as he whispers, "Mine." And he doesn't take his time before assaulting my neck again with his mouth. 

My nails lengthen into claws and find his back, digging in until the metallic scent of his blood fills the air. My teeth descend as my wolf pushes forward, seeking the opportunity to claim what's hers. 

And claim she does. 

All it takes is for one more kiss upon my mark and I lunge forward and sink my teeth into the base of Callum's neck - my mouth filling with his blood as I do so. A tsunami of emotions and thoughts hits me like a brick wall, making me stop in my tracks. 

I pull away from him enough to look into those beautiful, ice blue eyes I love - breathless and confused. My eyes close as I take in everything and I appreciate that Callum lets me have this moment. 

I'm speechless. Everything he's showing me  - all his emotions and thoughts - are overwhelming and devastating. How could he go this long feeling all these things alone? It's maddening. It's frightening. It's amazing. It's everything that I've ever imagined and more. 

And our bond isn't even complete yet. 

"You can turn it off." He says after a few moments of silence. "I know how...crazy it all can make you. Just close the bond - just like you would when you close a mindlink."

I nod my head slowly and do as he says. All the feelings turn off at once. I slowly open my eyes, my green meeting his blue once again. He looks down at me with an unreadable expression on his face as he waits for me to say something. My eyes flicker down to his neck where it is tender and raw, but slowly healing before my eyes. 

And I expect to feel regret for marking him, but I don't. I can't. I wanted this. No, I want this. I want him. Even though my head is screaming that this is wrong, I know with my heart that this is where I am supposed to be. 

I belong in the arms of my mate. 

So, without hesitation, I push forward and place my forehead against his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso and hold him as close as I possibly can. And I feel him bring his arms around me, his left hand still holding my head as his right lies on the small of my back. Callum places his nose in my hair and takes in a slow, deep breath. 

"I'm sorry." I whisper into his chest, feeling him tense beneath me. "I'm sorry I didn't accept you sooner. I'm sorry that I hurt you so much. I didn't know you felt this way. I didn't know that this is how the bond felt."

I feel him release a slow breath, his arms growing tighter around me. "You don't need to say sorry." He replies softly. "As much as I disagree, I do understand your reasons."

I shake my head slightly, my movements restricted by his hold. "No." I say. "You were right. Nothing should stop us from being mates. I don't know how is going to work, but I know that I want it to work and I will make it work, Callum.

"Whatever obstacles that are in our way, we will overcome. Together." 

I can feel him smile and makes me smile in return. "You have no idea how happy those words make me, love." He says softly. "I will do anything to make this work. But, you were right. Our fathers will make this difficult and I don't think this will ever be easy. And it sure as hell won't happen overnight."

"I know." I whisper but it comes out more like a whimper. 

"I wish I could just run off with you, Andy. But I have a pack I need to worry about. You have a pack that you need to worry about. We have responsibilities and I am afraid that this will take time. We will have to ease into this." He pauses, shaking his head. "Fuck, I hate this."

"I do too."

"I just want to bring you home and show off what's mine." He practically growls. "Why does this have to be so damn difficult?"

I tear runs down my face and falls to his chest. 

"Shit, I'm sorry love. I don't mean to upset you." Callum says as he pulls away from me and grasps my face tenderly. "I promise you, I will make this work. We will be the mates we are destined to be. I will love you forever and for always and I will be there for you whenever you need me. And I will work hard everyday so that you and I can be together. It may take a long fucking time, but we will get there. I swear it, Andy. We will get there."

I can't help the smile that graces my lips. "And I promise to not give up on you - on us. I, too, will work hard everyday to get us together - even if it takes years-"

"I fucking hope it doesn't."

"Me either, but if it does, I won't give up. I want you, Callum Denvers. All of you. And I won't let you go. Not again."I say, placing a small kiss to his lips. "I am yours and you are mine. Forever."

And that's all he needs before he crashes his lips to mine again, feverishly sealing our promises with a kiss.