TWENTY FOUR

I pull away from Callum slightly, a smile gracing my slightly swollen lips. He looks down at me with a mischievous look and I blush before turning away from him and looking at Skylar - who stands with a small army behind her. 

"Getting cozy?" She asks, chuckling. Hunter steps up beside her and wraps an arm around her waist. "Are you telling me, we ran all this way just to see you guys swap spit?" She gestures between Callum and I.

"Nah." I reply as I nonchalantly look at my nails. "You came all this way to congratulate the new Alpha Female of Moon Fire." I can't help the smirk that forms on my face when I make the announcement. 

Skylar's eyes widen before a huge grin forms on her face. "No...?" She drawls out, taking a step out of Hunter's arms and towards me. 

"Yep." I say, popping the 'p'.

"No fucking way!" She shrieks, running full speed towards me and engulfing me in a hug that almost knocks me over. "I can't fucking believe it! You're not shitting me right?" She pulls away from me to look me up and down.

"She's not shitting you." Alpha Jonathan says from behind her. 

Skylar turns in his direction and narrows her eyes at the man. Leaning towards me, she whispers, "Who's the old guy?" 

I smack her arm and roll my eyes. "Don't you have a filter?"

"Yeah, but I think it needs to be changed." She replies without skipping a beat. 

I laugh. "Unreal."

She turns to Alpha Jonathan. "Alpha Redwood-"

"It's Alpha Jonathan." Hunter corrects her. 

"That's what I said." She says, playfully narrowing her eyes at him for a second before turning back to Alpha Jonathan -  who is looking at the female Alpha like she has two heads. "Alpha Jonathan. How are you?"

"I'm g-"

"Yeah, that's fascinating. Just wondering what your take is on this?" She asks, pointing at Callum and I with her thumb. 

"Skylar!"

"What?"

"You can't just-"

"It's a valid question." She interrupts, shrugging her shoulder. She looks at Alpha Jonathan again expectantly. 

He raises his eyebrow at her and then clears his throat. Turning to Callum, he says, "Why didn't you tell me?" His voice sounds defeated and the look on his face shows how disappointed he is - in himself and in Callum. "I would have understood."

Callum shakes his head. "I did it for her." He says and goosebumps spread over my arms. "She was worried about her pack and her father...I didn't want to make things harder for her."

Alpha Jonathan nods his head slowly, mulling over his words, before walking slowly to his son and pulling him into a hug. "Congrats on finding your mate, son. I'm really proud of you." He says into his ear. "You couldn't have gotten a better mate."

And I can't help the smile that graces my lips. Or the lone tear that I have to wipe away quickly before anyone sees. My heart fills with warmth as Alpha' Jonathan's acceptance begins to register. This right here is everything I have ever wanted. This right here is what I hoped would happen when I met my mate's family. 

Alpha Jonathan pulls away from Callum and steps over to me. He looks at me - a smile on his face. Before I can react, he wraps me into a tight hug and whispers in my ear. "Welcome to the family, Andromeda."

"Yes, welcome to the family." A smooth, deep voice calls over the crowd around us. I turn my head in it's direction and watch as my pack parts, revealing Callum's brother.

"Roan." Callum growls, stepping in front of me. He stands taller, despite his injuries, and glares at his estranged brother. 

"Brother. Father." Roan says nonchalantly as he stares down at his nails. "It's been a while."

"What are you doing here, Roan?" Apha Jonathan bellows. 

"Can't a son come say hello to his father?" Roan says as a devilish grin forms on his face. 

Alpha Jonathan scoffs. "You are no son of mine." He states, his eyes darkening. 

I clear my throat. "You are trespassing on my land, Rogue." I say firmly, pushing past Callum and his father. "Why are you here?" 

"Can't I say hello to my future sister in law?" He chuckles. "And it looks like a congrats in order. The first ever Alpha Female of Moon Fire? That's amazing!" He claps his hands together loudly. "Such an amazing feat for such a little girl."

I huff. "Leave now, Rogue, before you see how we deal with traitors here." 

"Send the children to the safe room and lock them in. All available warriors be ready." I mindlink the pack. 

A few of my pack members begin pushing through the crowd, catching the attention of Roan. 

"Mmm." He hums. "I wouldn't move if I were you." He snaps his finger. 

Thousands of wolves appear around us, circling around my pack. The stench from them hits my nose and my face scrunches up in disgust. The Rogues form a tight circle around all of us, successfully trapping us. My warriors shift quickly and step in front of the elderly and women who cannot fight. Skylar's army follows suit, circling around Skylar and Hunter to protect her. 

And Callum takes my hand tightly in his. 

Alpha Jonathan roars, pushing through the crowd. "What the fuck are you doing, Roan?" He demands. "What is this?"

"Well you see," Roan says, gesturing to beside him. I gasp, seeing Theon to his left. "A little birdie told me that four great Alphas were here in the town square of Moon Fire and I thought to myself, what an amazing opportunity. So, I called up a few friends of mine and well, we are here to take what's mine."

"What's yours?" Alpha Jonathan asks in bewilderment. "Nothing is yours. Last time I checked, Rogue's have nothing, Roan."

"You are right, Father. But that's about to change." The Rogue says, his grin growing impossibly larger. "And it changes with you."

Author's Note:

I am so sorry for taking so long to write this chapter. With Christmas, I was so impossibly busy. My goal is to finish this story by the end of January. We are close. 

Thank you so much for reading and please let me know your thoughts down below.