Chapter 10

Todays the funeral. Jacks coming over before so he can help me and my mom set up.

I take out the black dress my mom bought me. Its a tube short dress with ruffles at the bottom. I curl my hair and do a waterfall braid to the side.

Theres a knock on the door.

"Come in" i quietly say getting my shoes on.

"Hey babe" he says kissing me.

"Hi" i say.

"Are you okay?" He asks brushing the back of his hand on my face.

"Not really" i say.

"Cmon, your mom sent me up here, she said we should start heading to the funeral home" he says and i nod.

I sit in one of the chairs in the back of the room as my mom and Jack set up.

I told them i felt nauseus so they told me to sit down. Just the thought of someone wanting to kill innocent people makes me sick to my stomach.

Jack walks over to me, sitting in the empty seat next to me.

"You alright?" He asks.

"I guess" i say kicking my feet.

"You know, its just sick how people kill innocent people! Like do they care about how their family feels? What if their family got killed? How would they fucking feel?" I say.

"Trin, i know your upset, i know your angry, but lets just look at the positives. No negatives" he says.

I lift my head, staring at him for a while, then press our lips together.

He pulls away.

"Trin," he says.

"I dont care" i say and he smiles, kissing me again.

I look back at my mom and she pretends she doesnt notice us. I dont understand why she doesnt let us be in relationships. Unlike my other mom who used to tease about boys.

"People are starting to come. Could you guys go greet people and bring the food downstairs in the eating lounge?" My mom asks and we nod.

We walk hand in hand to the lobby.

Alot of my family starts coming in and we go downstairs.

"You realize your mom wont let you see me now right?" He says to me.

"I know, and i dont care, because she cant stop me" i say and he laughs.

Then we put all the food down on the island.

I assemble the display until i feel cold water on my back.

I turn around and see jack laughing.

I take some of the powder sugar for the brownies and throw it at him.

"Thats it, jones" he says throwing more powder sugar at me until we get in a full on fight. Then we both slip on the floor laughing and he lands on top of me.

Then i hear a gasp.

"Trinity! What did you do?!" She upsettingly asked.

"Sorry mom" i laugh getting up.

"You think this is okay to act at your mothers funeral?! How do you think shed feel?!" She asks.

"I think she would smile, and be happy and join in" i say.

"Well your wrong" my mom says.

"Well you obviously never knew her because she always told me id find someone and when i finally found one she would be mad? Your full of shit!" I yell storming up the steps.

I run outside until i feel a hand grab me and i turn to see Jack.

I wrap my arms around him and cry.

"Shhh" he says calming me down.

"I miss her so fucking much" i cry squeezing him tighter.

"I know, its okay" he says.

I cry some more.

"Cmon, lets take a walk" he says.

He picks me up and puts me on his back as i laugh.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asks me.

"I dont know, but im hungry" i say.

"Okay, theres a really good pizza place around here we can go to" he says and i nod. We didnt bring a car so we walked there.

Theres a group of guys i recognize from school sitting at a table. Looks like theyre friends with Jack because theyre all on the football team.

"Hey its Jack! And he brought... Little miss suicidal" one of them say.

"Nash leave her alone!" Jack says.

"Too bad shes too busy trying to kill herself because damn, i would fuck her any chance i got" another one says.

I start to tense up and jack squeezes my hand.

"Leave him alone, hes a dick" jack says to me.

"Damn those are a big pair of tits, and damn, that ass! Bet your great in bed" a farmiliar voice of the guys say. The rest of them laugh but then i notice that its Jack J.

Jack was about to say something but i stop him.

"You have some nerve! You pretend to be nice to me and ask me to the dance just so you could screw around with me?! And to think, i thought u were my only friend in this shit of a town!" I say with tears forming in my eyes.

Jack lunged forward, about to swing a punch but i stopped him.

"Go get a table. I-im just gonna go to the bathroom" i say, my voice shaking as i walk to the bathroom.