Chapter 14

Support group day. The weeks gone by really slow but. I havent talked to Carter since the kiss but hes supposed to be in our group even though he isnt suicidal. Actually hes homicidal.

I was running late so i quickly walk in and sit next to Jack and he smiles at me. I smile back even though the guilt is lurking inside me. Then Carter comes in and sits on the other side of me.

"Hey trin" he says and i ignore him.

Today was basically us ranting about what made us become suicidal.

Me and carter were the only ones who never raised our hand.

Finally the sessions over.

"Hey Trin, im really sorry about the other day" he says.

"Oh its fine" i say.

"Ill see you later" he says leaving.

"Whos that?" Jack asks.

"His names Carter" i say.

"Carter as in Carter Reynolds?! The ripper?!" He asks and i nod.

"Why the hell are you his friend!" he says his voice getting higher.

"Because hes not who you think he is! Yeah he did go around killing people but that was 3 years ago!" I say and Jack rolls his eyes.

"Cmon, they told me i could visit today" he says as we walk to my room.

"So what happened the other day that hes sorry for?" Jack asks.

"Can we not talk about it" i ask.

"Fine. But you know you can tell me" he says.

"Well uhm, we uh, we.." I say.

"You didnt have sex did you?!" Jack asks.

"No! Hell no! But we um... we kinda uh... we kissed" i say.

I look at jack and his face slowly turned to a frown.

"Jack im sorry! I just got so caught up in the moment and i... Where are you going?" I ask starting to lose my voice.

"Leaving. Im obviously not wanted here anymore" he says walking out the door.

Tears start to fall down my cheeks as he left.

Thankfully Carter walks in.

"Hey, whats wrong?" He asks sitting next to me.

"He just left me" i say sniffling.

"The guy you were talking to?" He asks and i nod.

"Hes my boyfriend, well, ex boyfriend Jack. I told him about the kiss and ge just walked out and i couldnt even explain it! I mean if anyone shoulx be pissed it should be me because he was making out with the school whore on the bus!" I say.

"shhh, its okay. Maybe he doesnt deserve you. Maybe you need someone better than him" he says allowing me to rest my head on his lap.

"Maybe i do." I say.

I lay quietly on his lap for a while until lunch.

"So why do they let a "dangerous monster murderer" in my room shouldnt you be locked up?" I ask and he laughs.

"Because they think you can fix me. Your the only person that makes me sane again" he says and i smile.

We walk down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Trin, come sit by us" Andrew says stopping me.

"I cant, sorry" i say and sit at the table in the back with Carter.

Then theres another scream like last week. The guards run out to see whats going on.

"Shit! Come on, we gotta hide" i say taking his hand. We start to run down the hallways but they caught us.

"Now you both get to come with us" one of them say.

I look over at carter and he glances at me but looks back at the guard.

"No. Let her go. She didnt do anything! She was just trying to help me!" He says.

"No take me. Just let Carter go. Please." I say.

"Trin no!" He says.

"How about we just take you both" the say taking us away.

The room is like an office but has a big chair in the back.

"Please, have a seat" a lady says.

"Just let him go please!" I say.

"Did i ask you to talk?!" She snaps.

"Well anywho, there was yet, another murder. And it was in ripper style. And i here sat and thought you could actually be helped and gain back your humanity but instead there you are, murdering everyone in your way" she says.

"I dont mean to interrupt but i know he didnt do it. I was with him all day today so he couldnt have killed someone" i say.

"Even if that is so, you both have been caught disobeying rules so with that said, the chair awaits so who will like to go first?" She asks.

I look over at carter.

"I will" i say.

"Trin what the fuck!!" Carter says.

"Wow, a brave one, very well" she says taking me over to the chair.

I sit down and she straps me in.

Carter stares at me worringly.

"Ready?" She asks and i nod and she presses the button. A high pitched scream escapes my mouth. She stops and presses again.

I start crying hysterically.

"Carter make it stop" i cry in pain.

"Stop! Your hurting her!" He says as i cry.

"But isnt that the point?" She asks laughing and pressing it again.

I scream louder than the other times and it goes on 5 more times until they unstrap me and i stumble into carters arms, crying.

"Your lucky we're out of time, Mr. Reynolds" she says allowing us to leave.

He carries me out and into my room and i still cry.

"Make it stop! Make it stop!" I scream.

"It did stop, its over" he says holding me.

"No!! It still hurts! I still feel it!" I scream and cry.

He lays me down on the bed and rubs my forehead, trying to calm me down.