4. In My Mind [LiAngelo]

I was walking on campus of UCLA just trying to clear my mind before one of my classes. Across the way, I spot one of my good friends Jaylen . I yelled his name and he turned around and waved at me. I made my way over to where he was.

"Hey Aaliyah! What's up?"

"Oh nothing really. Just trying to clear my head before my 2:00 class. What are you about to get into?"

"I'm gonna take a nap before practice. I'm tired as I don't know what."

I could hear footsteps coming up behind me but I thought nothing of it until the person appeared beside us. I looked and I was livid to see that it was my ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Liangelo asked as this girl just stared at me like she didn't like me for whatever reason so I'm guessing that he told her who I am.

"I'm actually on my way to class. I guess I'll see you around LiAngelo."

"Yeah...See you around Aaliyah."

I walked off and went to my class even though I still had a solid 20 minutes before class. I couldn't bare the thought of Gelo being with someone else. I looked back to see Gelo staring at me with the most depressing facial expression. He might be with her..... but I'll always be his girl.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A few weeks have went by since I last ran into LiAngelo. I was on my way out to grab lunch with Jaylen when I got a call from Gelo's mom.

"Hello?"

"Aaliyah? I don't mean to bother you
but have you heard from Gelo lately?"

" No ma'am I haven't. Not since a few weeks ago. Is something wrong?"

I stopped in my tracks and instantly became worried. We might not be together but I'll always love and care for him.

"He just had a horrible break up with that one girl and I'm honestly afraid that he's going to do something that he's gonna regret. Now...I know that my son messed up in the past but if you could maybe call him every once in a while and check up on him......he really could use a friend right now."

"Of course Miss Tina. I was just on my way to lunch with Jaylen but I'll stop by Gelo's apartment. Is his number still the same?"

"Yes it is Honey... and thank you. I greatly appreciate you for doing this."

"It's all out of love Miss Tina."

"I know it is honey. I'll let you go so you can grab lunch. "

"Alright. It was nice to hear from you."

"It was nice to hear from you too."

I hung up the phone and sent Gelo a text.

(909)xxx-xxxx
                          I'm coming over your place.

(909)xxx-xxxx
Do I not have a say in this?

(909)xxx-xxxx
                                                   No. You don't.

(909)xxx-xxxx
Okay. I guess I'll see you soon.

I locked my phone and put it in my pocket before grabbing my keys and heading out the door. I got in my car and sent Jaylen and Kris a quick text saying that I was going to Gelo's before pulling out of the parking lot and headed to Gelo's apartment.

I got out of my car and made my way up to his apartment. I knocked on the door and he opened it in seconds. He looked rough. I sat on the couch and he sat beside me. He looked at me and
"Are you okay Gelo?"

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"I'm doing okay. I heard about your break up. I am so sorry."

He stayed silent and just nodded

" I want you to know that I'm here if you need anything at all. We're still friends. You know that right?"

He looked at me and pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you Aaliyah."

We cuddled up and watched movies for hours. Only time will tell if we'll be together again but for right now, I'm just enjoying being in his company.

------------------------------------------------

This is completely trash and I apologize.