10]Untitiled (Lonzo)

Sitting in the bleachers, in 1000 degree heat is not how I wanted to spend the afternoon but it's all worth it. It's graduation day for the class of 2019 and I have a son, who's not really my kid but I kind of adopted him since his parents ain't shit, and a cousin graduating today and I can't be more proud of them.

"What are you doing here Aaliyah?" I heard someone ask as they sat down beside me. I looked and it was a former classmate of mine, Lonzo Ball.

"My son and my cousin are graduating."

"What the fuck? Yo son? That's weird."

"If you think that's weird, he calls me "Dad" so it does get weirder."

Lonzo looked at me funny. Making me roll my eyes. I have to tell this story every time.

"he's not really my son. He is my brother's friend but I raised him from the time he was 13 to now." I said looking at him. "His mom is a crack head and his biological father isn't in the picture. So I'm his daddy now..... Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Melo is graduating."

"Oh yeah! I forgot his big ass is graduating today. Where is your family at?" I asked, confused as to why he's sitting with me and not his parents.

"They're up at the top. They wanted me to come down here and get pictures. I seen you and figured we could catch up a little bit before the ceremony started."

"Sounds good."

I smiled at him. I used to have the biggest crush on him in school. We talked for a little bit and then the ceremony started.

After the choir sang the graduation song, the principal asked everyone that is graduating with honor, merit, and/or distinction to stand. I seen De'Sean, my "adopted" white son, stand up and I started to tear up. My son has worked so hard and I'm so proud. My cousin didn't graduate with those because he barely went and still passed. Lazy fucker.

They sat back down and Mr. McGee began to read off the class roster. After the valedictorian, salutatorians, and top 10% walked, it was the regulars turn to walk.

Mr. McGee called off the "A's" and then it's time for the B's.

"LaMelo LaFrance Ball"

Lonzo stood up and started screaming for his little brother. I was proud of Melo's dumbass. He clowned so much in school I didn't think that he'd actually graduate.

A few more names were called and then I heard De'Sean's name.

"De'Sean Lyn Bell!"

I stood up and yelled.

"THAT'S MY SON!!!!!"

De'Sean looked at me and laughed. He blew me a kiss as he walked Off the stage.

"De'Sean is white?" He asked, clearly in surprised.

"Yes, Lonzo, He is white."

A while later, my cousin's name was called. I started screaming for him just like I did for De'Sean. I'm so proud of those two.

After all names were called and the principal dismissed the class of 2019 for the last time, I made my way down to the field to find Malachi and De'Sean. Before I could spot my children, LaMelo came up to me.

"Liyah! I did it!" He said as he wrapped me in a hug!

"I know! I'm so proud of you!"

"And you said I wouldn't graduate."

"Well, you proved me wrong. Congratulations Melo Dip. But I have to go find De'Sean and Malachi. I'll see you later."

I walked off to find them but I felt someone pull me back. I turned around and it was Lonzo. He let my arm go and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Lyiah, would you like to go out with me tonight? LaMelo is going to Project Graduation and Gelo is having His girlfriend over. We haven't seen each other since graduation and I really would like to catch up with you some more."

"Sure. I'd like that too."

He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Great!"

"Let me go see my two graduates and I'll meet you back at the gate." I said.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you."

He winked at me and bit his lip. I blushed and turned around, running into De'Sean.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" He said, hugging me.

"Congratulations, Cheesecake stealing White Kid." I said, teasing him about the time he ate my birthday cheesecake.

"Oh come on! You said you were over it. I gave Francisco's weed."

"I'm just teasing. I'm super proud of you."

"Thanks Dad." He said, smiling at me.

"I need a picture!" I said as I gave his girlfriend my phone and she took a picture of us. "Alright. I need to go find the other one."

I walked off and found Malachi. I gave him a huge hug and took some pictures with him before he said he was leaving to go to project graduation.

We walked away from each other and I went to find Lonzo.

He was standing at the gate where I told him we'd meet up. Luckily I didn't drive here, I rode with my grandma so I could leave with him.

"Ready?" He asked as I walked up to him.

"Yeah."

....................................

There will be a part two to this. I'm tired and I didn't feel like writing a big long update right now so...... there ya go. I hope y'all like it and a HUGE congratulations to the class of 2019! It doesn't matter if you're graduating from elementary school, middle school, high school, or college. YOU DID IT! and I am SO proud of you.