7. H.A.T.E.U [pt 3]

LaMelo's POV

I sat up in my bed, running my fingers through Aaliyah's hair and watched her while she slept. Other than the bruise on her cheek and the little bit of dry blood around her mouth, she looked peaceful. I feel like this is my fault, I didn't protect her. Because I did what I did, she felt the need to stay in her house to avoid seeing me. I gently placed my hand on her face, to examine the bruises and I almost busted out in tears right then and there.

"It's not your fault." I heard Lonzo say, scaring the living hell out of me. I didn't hear him open the door. I looked up and Zo, Gelo, and Denise entered my room, closing the door behind them.

"Huh?"

"It's not your fault Melo." Lonzo repeated.

They came over to the bed and sat on the edge of it, trying to not wake her up.

"I know but....if never would've did what I did, she wouldn't have felt the need to stay away from me and be in that house all day." I said and looked down at Aaliyah.

"Melo, She hit him first." Denise said.

Everybody looked at her like she was stupid.

"Are you saying that this is her fault?!" I  questioned her ignorant ass.

"I mean....if some one hits me, I'm gonna hit them back." She said. Oh....if this bitch only knew what happened.

"So that makes it okay for a grown ass man to punch a 17 year old girl and push her down the stairs?! We are extremely lucky that she didn't break her neck and die." I snapped at her. Everybody else remained quiet.

"Melo...I didn't mean to upset you." Denise softly spoke.

"Bro...you see my girlfriend beat the fuck up..... you know that a GROWN ASS MAN punched her twice and pushed her down the stairs..... and it's her fault?"

She didn't say anything after that, she just looked down at the floor.

"Zo, I'll be outside." She finally said and left my room."

"I'm sorry about her LaMelo." Lonzo said, trying to apologize for his dumb girlfriend.

"Don't be....it's not your fault that your girlfriend is a dumb, annoying twat." I said and he laughed.

"Alright lil bro. I'm gonna head back to LA. Call me if you or Liyah need anything at all." Lonzo said and we did our handshake.

"Alright big bro. I will."

He left leaving me, Gelo, and Liyah in here.
I felt Aaliyah moving beside me so I looked down at her and seen her looking up at me.

"Hey..." I said smiling down at her.

"Hi." She replied sitting up.

"How are you feeling best friend?" Gelo asked her, softly smiling at her.

"I'm okay.. my face still hurts but, I mean but what should I expect after being punched in the face?"

"I've got a date tonight. I just wanted to see how you were feeling first." Gelo told her.

"Thank you for checking on me Gelo. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome sis."

He left my room and it was only the two of us now. I pulled her to my chest and held her. She wrapped her arms around me and held me too. We stayed like that until my dad came in my room.