11] Cant raise a man (Melo)

I was over my boyfriend's house. I was supposed to be hanging out with him today but all Melo wanted to do was play that fucking game all day.

I was laying up under Melo, watching as he played his game. I don't mind it but I've been here since this morning and it's almost 7:00.

"Babe..."
"Hmm?"
"I love you..."
"Me too."

He had this thing about saying 'I love you' too soon. Maybe he's had his heart broken and doesn't want to say it until he's absolutely sure. I don't know but every time so tell him I love him, he always says 'me too' and it hurts my feelings that he doesn't say it back but I'm trying to be understanding.

"Babe..."
"Huh?"
"Pay attention to me!!" I whined.

"Give me 15 more minutes and I will." He responded, not taking his eyes off the tv screen.

"You said that two hours ago..." I mumbled.

Now I'm getting pissed off.

"You say something?" He asked.

"No... I didn't say anything at all."

Fuck this... I'm going home.

"Drop your attitude."

"I wouldn't have an attitude if you'd actually paid some fucking attention to me, LaMelo!" I said as I stood up.

"Did you say something?" He asked as he took his headset off.

I rolled my eyes because, yet again, he wasn't talking to me.

"You know what?! No! I didn't. It wouldn't matter if I did because all you care about is that fucking game and your fucking friends!"

"Not true!"

"It's most definitely true."

I put my shoes back on and grabbed my keys. That's when Melo decided he wanted to pay attention to me.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he grabbed my wrist.

"Home!"

"Don't leave...."

"Why should I stay? I don't wanna be here if I'm gonna be ignored! I had shit to do today but I come over here to see you!"

Melo looked down at the time on his phone.

"Well then leave.... we can hang out some other day."

I gave a dry, sarcastic laugh.

"Don't count on it, Bruh." I said.

I jerked my arm free and left.

I made it halfway home when I realized that I left my charger in his room.

I turned around to go get it and Lavar let me in. I went up to his room.

I went to open the door but I heard voices on the other side so I listened for a minute.

"Where's ya lil girlfriend at?"
"She went home...."
"You finally tired of ya girl huh?"
"Yeah.... but she's so sweet and kind hearted and I can't bring myself to break up with her... I don't want to break her heart and ruin such a sweet girl."

"Do not string her along, Melo. You need to tell her about us..."
"I will soon, babe. I promise. You know I love you..."

When I heard him tell whoever that was that he loves her, my heart shattered to pieces.

I walked into his room with my head held high and tears threatened to fall, but I refused to let them.

As soon as I walked in, I saw him with Ashley, his ex.

"Aaliyah, what are you doing here?"

"I left my charger. I hope I didn't interrupt something."

"No, Ashley was just leaving."

"No.... she can stay since you love her and not me." I said, very hatefully.

Melo's face turned red from embarrassment.

"You heard that?"

"Yes, stupid. I heard it all. But you don't have to worry about ruining me.... You will never have enough power to change who I am. I hope you have a nice life with her. Don't come crawling back to me when she breaks your heart for the 18 trillionth time." I said before, snatching my charger out of his wall and leaving his room.

I walked down the stairs and I could hear him calling my name and his big ass feet thumping with every step he took as he ran after me.

"Aaliyah wait!"

I ignored him as I made my way down the stairs.

"Don't walk away from me!" He was finally close enough to grab me and when he did..... I smacked the piss out of that nigga.

"Shit...." Gelo yelled.
"Damn" Zo tried to whisper.
"Ooh... damn. Fuck, that hurt me and she didn't even hit me..." lavar said.

LaMelo immediately dropped my hand and his touched his face where I had just hit him.

"You don't get to tell me what to do when you've been fucking a whole bitch behind my back and giving her the attention that you SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVING ME!!!!" I yelled in his face. "So yes, I get to walk away from you.... and you better not ever grab me again in your life.... or that will be the last thing you do."

LaMelo looked hurt. But I honestly don't give a fuck.

"Liyah-"

"Don't you even fix your mouth to apologize.... don't do it."

"I didn't want to hurt you...."

"I don't care if you meant to or not. the fact still remains that YOU DID..... and I'm done. If you didn't wanna be with me, you should've said something in the first place and not let me waste a year on you."

"I didn't want you to end up like you are now..."

"Angry? Furious? I GET TO FEEL ALL OF THOSE THINGS- ya know what? I don't have to explain shit to you. You're not my man."

Those words looked like they cut the deepest.

"I did lov-"

"Do not say it. Do not say you loved me. If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

With that, I walked out....

——————————————————

Idk what this is.... but there will be a pt 2 to this in Melos POV.