13] Cant Raise a Man pt 3

Aaliyah's POV

It's been a good 3 or 4 weeks since all that drama with LaMelo went down. I'd say I didn't miss him, but then that'd be a lie. I do miss him.... a lot. But I'm done sitting around looking stupid.

I was chilling in my game room when my security system alerted me that someone was on the porch. I opened the app to look at the video feed and seen it was LaMelo.

I rolled my eyes and went to see what he wanted.

I opened the door and he just stood there with his hands behind his back. The bruise I had left when I slapped him looked like it was starting to fade.

"What do you want LaMelo?"

"I wanted to come by and see how you were.."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I care about you."

"Stop allat lyin'." I said, my southern accent coming out.

"I'm not lying to you. I really do care about you."

"What the fuck do you want LaMelo? For real."

"I for real wanted to come by and check on you. You haven't been out the house since all that went down. My dad was about to send the cops to do a wellness check on his favorite kid."

"As you can see, I'm fine. Tell ya daddy, I'm alive. Now get off my porch."

"Hold up. I got you something."

"I don't want it." I said.

He pulled the bag of chick-fil-a and a large drink out from behind his back. He held it out with a shy boyish smile, waiting for me to take it.

"I though you might be hungry.... it's a 12 count with a large fry and a large lemonade...."

I took it from him because I am hungry.

"There better be Polynesian sauce in here.."

"There's extra."

I looked up at him.

"Thank you.... that's nice of you. You didn't have to do this."

"I wanted to." He put his hands in his pockets and then looked back at his feet. "I feel bad because of what happened between us. I know I won't ever be able to make it right, but I'm gonna try to make you not hate me anymore."

"Well don't think this is gonna make up for that shit. Because it's not."

"I know that! But I'm trying here."

"I said thank you. Now leave me alone so I can eat before my fries get cold."

"Okay.... I was gonna say, call if you need anything but knowing you, you probably won't."

"Damn skippy."

"I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

He walked away and I shut the door and sat down on the couch and ate my food while watching Nurse Jackie on Netflix. Not gonna lie, this was a kind gesture. But I know his game. He's gonna try to become my friend and then he's gonna try to rope me back into a relationship. Okay, I'll bite. But remember, LaFrance..... two can play this game and I will play it better.

LaMelo's POV

After I left Aaliyah's house, I walked across the street to mine. I was very happy and lucky she didn't throw that drink back at me.

As I was walking up the walkway, I spotted Ashley on the porch. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to her so I could silently cuss. When I did, I noticed Aaliyah had come out onto her porch. I smiled at her and gave her a little wave and she, surprisingly, did the same. I turned back around just in time to see Ashley walk towards me with her arms open as if she wanted a hug. I side stepped her and went around her. I heard Aaliyah laugh and that made my heart smile. It doesn't matter what she was laughing at, the only thing that matters is that she laughed.

I made my way up the walkway when I was pulled back by Ashley. I jerked my arm away from her and continued on until she said something.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Why are you even here?" I said. Like this bitch is getting on my last nerve.

"You haven't texted me in 4 weeks. I was worried about you..."

"Well don't. You're not my girl."

What I said had hurt her. I know it did.

"W-what?"

"Ashley don't start with the crocodile tears. You got what you wanted."

"What is it that I wanted, Mel?"

"Aaliyah broke up with me. She beat my ass."

"I wanted us to be together...."

"Well that ain't gonna happen. As a matter of fact, I'm going to tell her what really happened myself."

Her demeanor got really dark.

"You tell her.... you're dead."

"Oh.... I'm shaking in my Jordan's." I said sarcastically.

"I mean it, LaMelo. You wouldn't want her to find out that your entire relationship was a bet would you?"

"I don't care at this point. What's the worst that could happen? She slaps me again?"

"You really fell in love with that loser didn't you?"

"Just because she'd rather spend her weekends studying for an upcoming test or staying inside doesn't make her a loser. It makes her goal oriented and 1000 times more attractive to me. I'm done letting you use me. I'm done with this blackmail shit. I'm done Ashley! I want my girlfriend back!" I yelled.

I looked over to Aaliyah, I caught Her staring. When I made eye contact with her, she looked away. I'm about to man up and get her back. I looked at Ashley then smiled.

"Time to put my money where my mouth is."

I walked over to Aaliyah where she was playing a game on her phone and drinking her lemonade.

"Yes, LaFrance?" She asked without even looking up.

"I know you heard everything already but I'm gonna explain everything again. It's time to be 110% honest with you."

"Our relationship was a bet. I already know. I knew for months." She said looking up at me.

That threw me for a loop.

"What? How'd you find out?"

"I heard Gelo and Zo talking about it one day. Yeah I was hurt for a while but I made a bet with Gelo that I could make you fall for me."

"Wait a minute.... what?"

"You bet your friends you could pull the lonely new kid. I bet your brother I could make you really fall for me."

"Was any of it real?" I asked, still not believing a word that she just said.

"It was all real for me, LaFrance. I just bet your brother that I could make you feel the same way I did. For a minute, I thought I'd lost. But by the way you just defended me against that loud mouthed trout over there, I know I'd won. Your brother owes me $100.... consider us even."

"Even?"

"We both made bets on our relationship. I mean... we didn't stay together as long as I would've liked. But still, we're even."

"Okay..... and FYI, I really do feel the same way as you."

"I bet you don't." She said smirking at me. "I hate your ass. Maybe a little less than I did yesterday. But I still hate you. Getting to the point of friends, is gonna take time and effort, buddy."

She stood up and patted my shoulder before walking back in her house. I smiled as I walked past Ashley.

"Now you have nothing to hang over my head. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get creative to win my girl back."

She growled as I walked by and I just laughed and went inside to think of how else I can at least get Aaliyah to not hate me anymore.

———————————————————
Part 4???