[4]

Elegant threads of sunlight slipped through the trees, intertwining with the branches and making proud green leaves glow gently. The sound of hooves from horses grew louder and every breath from the clouds became quieter.

"I don't know why I bring Merlin out to these activities, all he does is talk nonsense!" Joked Arthur, greeted by heavy laughter.

"You need me more than you realise," Merlin replied bitterly.

"Merlin, seriously is everything ok? Have I done something?" Arthur asked, lowering his voice to a mumble.

Merlin stayed quiet, lowering his head, hiding his eyes masked with tears.

The light begun to fade and the sun was slowly being replaced by the large, pearl moon.

"Here?" Gwaine asked, eyeing a small patch of ground, circled by trees.

After collecting firewood and finally starting the fire, half the men were already asleep and Merlin watched jealously, wondering what it would be like to have grand lives like them: with credit for every little thing they did. He could see Arthur directing a quizzical look at him, so he turned away from the knights.

"Merlin, what's going on in that stupid little head of yours?" Arthur whispered.

Merlin laughed the question away, to be honest he hadn't got a clue.

"Merlin?" Arthur hissed, desperate for a reply.

"Singing deers," Merlin muttered, to which Arthur laughed at.

"Too much time in the Tavern, Merlin! Honestly,"

Merlin shook his head, smiling to himself.