[10]

"Merlin! How are you?" Arthur asked cheerfully when Merlin opened the door to wake Arthur up.

"Your up? And dressed?" Merlin spluttered in shock

"I didn't fancy being pushed out of bed again to be honest," Arthur muttered, distracted by some papers on his desk.

Merlin snorted at Arthur's sentance, shaking his head.

"Anything you need me to do sire?" Merlin asked, politely.

"Why are you going somewhere?"

"No... I just wondered..." Merlin began clumsily with his words.

"Yes you can go for now merlin," Arthur replied, not looking up from the papers he was reading.

Merlin slipped out of the room before Arthur could change his mind.

The forest was thankfully quiet as the Knights were not on a hunting trip so Merlin was able to find a tree and sit by it in peace. The wind was stronger today and tugged at Merlin's hair turning it into a knotted mess. Slowly, he placed one leg on the sturdy bottom branch, pulling himself up he then made for the second branch. When he reached half way up the tree, feeling proud of the distance he'd climbed, he sat down and viewed the ground. Each piece of grass seemed to merge together in a blurr of lush green, sweeping one way and then the other in the wind.

He didn't know if it was the wind or his head but he found himself plummeting towards the ground, a mess of colours swept by his eyes making him feel dizzy. The cold wind stopped rushing through him and he heavily hit the ground, all the vibrant colours he'd seen gone from his mind.