[11]

Arthur ran round the castle, screaming Merlin's name.

"Gaius! Your sure you haven't seen Merlin?" Arthur asked for the third time.

"Yes sire," Gaius replied truthfully, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I've searched the whole castle! I need him right now!" He complained.

"Where did you find him last time sire?" Gaius queried thoughtfully

"Uh, the forest. I'll go look, thank you Gaius!"

Arthur pulled Gwaine and Percival out of the tavern just before they got too drunk.

"We're searching for Merlin in the forest. I'd go on my own but as it's getting dark more people means finding him quicker," Arthur explained.

"Merlin again? Is he ok? Why does he keep getting lost and things?" Gwaine said.

Arthur shrugged, climbing his horse. He was worried that Merlin might be in danger again, worried why Merlin kept doing stupid things, maybe it was no accident he ended up in the lake?

They set out in search for Merlin, Gwaine's mind no longer focused on getting drunk for a change. The elegant sun began to dull and sheets of pastel colours were draped delicately across the sky.

Arthur grew more and more worried as he ventured further into the forest with no sign of Merlin, he hadn't a clue where Merlin would be if he wasn't here! The lake was thankfully Merlin free, although Arthur felt he wouldn't have minded seeing him there as long as he could recover again because the mystery of his disappearance was eating at his heart.

"Gwaine any sign of him?" Percival asked, riding slowly up to Gwaine.

Gwaine shook his head gloomily, "we should find Arthur and head back to Camelot,"

The two men agreed and headed off to the King, through some trees and bushes.

"Sire, any luck?"

"No..." Arthur muttered drooping his head.

"We should leave for Camelot and search in the morning?" Percival sensibly suggested.

Arthur didn't want to stop, he imagined Merlin in the forest at night all alone, he'd have no one to protect him and would end up in a lot of danger. But Arthur's head told him they would never find him in the dark and if they got more men they could find him quicker. So Arthur agreed and the three of them turned around retracing their steps.