[18]

[For this bit when I say Arthur I mean Arthur's mind in Merlin's body and when I say Merlin I mean Merlin's mind in Arthur's body which will only change if they're pretending to be each other in front of people but that will only be in speech.]

Merlin woke not long after instantly recognising something was different.

"What the - my voice - what is ..." he stammered and then saw his body and screamed.

Arthur scowled "don't scream! I don't scream that's just weird! I don't want people to hear my scream..."

"Ugh what?" Merlin replied still in a state of confusion. 

It was then that he realised the broad shoulders that seemed to squash his head belonged to Arthur. He pulled at Arthur's top, feeling self conscious about how low the neck was and how much chest he was revealing before remembering he was now a king with prominent muscles and blonde hair.

"I feel like if I bump into someone I'll give them a paper cut!" Exclaimed Arthur in frustration.

"Yeah well I've only just realised you act as big headed as your head!" Merlin muttered.

"I heard that Merlin!" Arthur yelled trying to sit up and then grimacing in pain.

The large cuts on Merlin's body stung like hell and Arthur stared at his own body (controlled now by Merlin) in amazement, wondering how his servant had coped without mentioning them on his journey to Camelot.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Merlin asked smugly.

"This isn't fair!" moaned Arthur, not hiding his querulous, child like manner.

Gaius stared bewildered at the scene, watching the two men squabbling like children while pulling at their limbs uncomfortably.

"You mean to say you swapped bodies?" Gaius questioned slowly.

"Please say you can fix it!" Arthur begged in despair.

"I don't know... I've never seen anything like it before Mer- I mean, sire," Gaius stated, "I'll look into it, but I know Merlin's been enchanted by someone, and because you touched Merlin the enchantment used you to take place,"

The door suddenly flew open and Leon centred in the door, panting breathlessly. His gaze drifted through the room at the strange scene, but finally stopped at Merlin.

"Sire, we need you urgently," He gasped.

Author strode forward and Leon cocked one eyebrow in a strangely similar way to Gaius.

"Merlin you can stay..." he added

"Oh no... He can come," Merlin murmured attempting to hide the panic in his voice.