[20]

Pitifully, Arthur stood in his room, looking at his new uncooperative body with disapproval. His arms were long and gangly, they seemed to get knotted together with every movement. He could see how Merlin tripped over so often too: his legs were as thin as twigs, boneless like jelly and they threatened to snap into fractions every second. His face certainly wasn't boneless, his skin stuck tightly to his cheek bones so he thought if he smiled too much his skin would tear and the bones would stick out.

Arthur felt compelled to just sink into his bed but he figured if anyone was to find him sprawled across the bed he'd be shoved in prison for creepiness or something.

Oh god, Guinevere. Merlin would not be sleeping with her, just the thought sent Arthur crazy. He'd do everything he could to make sure Gwen believed the Merlin controlled Arthur might be coming down with an illness so she'd sleep elsewhere.

Merlin raised his bulky arm, dropping it by his side seconds after, registering how easy it must be to become hubristic and turgid, but that didn't give Arthur an excuse for his pompous ways. Although Merlin found himself admiring the unusual feeling of an athletic body type, he felt turbulent and restless, trapped inside this strong, well built shell.

To his incredulity he wasn't looking forward to the life of a King, partly because he was pretending to be the magisterial Arthur Pendragon.

Merlin slunk carefully out of his room, knowing he'd be sleeping in Arthur's chambers until Gaius was able to find a cure. Gaius had fallen loudly asleep with his face squashed upon an open book, consequently Merlin decided to creep to the door as to not wake him. Nevertheless, being his ungainly self, especially as he was still trying to master Arthur's hefty body's way of moving disjointedly, Merlin managed to swing his arm straight into a glass jar on the table which began to plummet to the floor.

"Gestillan," Merlin breathed softly, but nonetheless the glass splintered loudly so shards of fierce, jagged glass covered the floor.

Gaius was awake now anyway, "I just tried to use a spell - to stop it falling. It didn't work!" Merlin gulped, tremulously.

Gaius looked up, puzzled to see the King, Merlin gave Gaius time to register to his surroundings and the past few events, they whirled around his head in a confusing muddle of colours and faces.

"Your a warlock Merlin, magic makes you up, snakes around every piece of you. Your magic has been split between your mind and body therefore it is weak," Gaius eventually clarified.

"So Arthur? Arthur could find out about my magic?" Merlin queried.

"Yes although he doesn't know any spells so surely it is practically impossible?" Gaius replied unsure if his answer was true or not.

"Let's hope so," Merlin responded grimly.