(by the ocean)

Her mom was out to work, the doctor had already told her that she could get some time for herself. So she took the opportunity of going to the beach once more.

She stood there and inhaled the breeze. It was salty and warm, and somehow it triggered memories both sweet and bitter.

"Why are you here?" She heard a familiar voice.

She turned and met her savior's eyes. Still cold, she thought.

Like how she dealt with him at the hospital, she kept her mouth shut and just sat on the sand as the waves crashed and reached her feet.

"Leave this place if you plan on killing yourself. Don't do it on our property." He said, and yes it was painful on her part.

After all, who would want her alive. Right?

"Tell me, do you still have suicidal thoughts running in your head?" He asked, his words suddenly changing its course.

She looked at him, bewildered. But she nodded in response to his query.

"Buti na lang pala I decided to follow you. Baka may gawin ka nanamang ikakapahamak mo." He said, this time she clearly heard it unlike what happened in the hospital.

Confused, she kept her gaze on the ocean.

"Tell me, why do you even care?" She asked trying to sound cynical.

"You are a responsibility, you are in our property." But somehow, such a statement didn't match the warmth in his voice that she heard.

"Really, huh." She said and smiled.