(tension)

He stood there smiling proudly of what he had done. Her mom stood there beside him and made her way to her to give her a hug.

"Happy birthday Kisses." She said, and she hugged tightly. She cried, but this time they were because of the joy she can't contain.

"Mom," she said as the broke the hug, "Wag na umiyak, ienjoy na natin yung party mo." She said and wiped Kisses' tears away.

The night was full of music, food, dancing and even liquor. But still she manged to say no to everyone making her try alcoholic drinks.

So she decided to hide from her own party. She slipped to the balcony and was surprised to find company. His back faced to her, still she knew.

"Hey." She said, slowly he faced her. In his hand was a wine goblet. "Hey." He replied and smiled."Why are you not in your own party?" He inquired, but she just shrugged and walked to the other side of the room.

"Ikaw? Ikaw nagorganize nito di ba?" She asked and stared into the horizon. "Yeah I did, but you know how I feel about parties naman." He said still leaning on the wall.

"Thank you." She said and smiled to him, even though it was dim she knows he is smiling at her.
"Anything for you." He said casually as he swirled the wine in his glass.

Then there was silence. Somehow, after many of conversations and stories that had transpired between them may have ran out of silly things to say to each other.

He walked to her side, cautiously. There was tension in the air, "Do you mind?" He asked but she did not answer.

Still he stood there beside her. Only inches apart she felt so concious of herself.

"Sorry." He said shortly and took a step away from her, and just as he was making his way out of the balcony she called him.

"Donny." She said, voice almost cracking from a mix of emotions.

He stopped on his tracks.

"It's alright Kisses, I know why you still can't give your heart away. I won't promise anything, but you should know I'm always here. Always a call away." He said and finally left her alone.