C.49

Nirvana blew up, and I was too confused and scared to even care.

Natsu ran off, and I was still in shock, then Hibiki knocked Wendy out and explained what Nirvana does, and he explained it a hell of a lot better than Brain did.

"Pessimistic thoughts attract Nirvana and allow it to take control." Hibiki said.

I scrunched my brow up in thought. I'm entirely made up of pessimistic thoughts, I'm just a depressed and anxiety ridden mess. Why haven't I turned? Or have I turned?

"Baz, your magic is manipulation, correct?" He asked and I looked up.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"Are there limits to your magic?" He asked.

"I can't put someone to sleep and wake them up. Someone has to be conscious for my magic to work. I also can't force them to do anything their will won't let them." I said.

"As I thought... I'm glad you're on our side, then." He said and Lucy looked confused.

"You figured it out, too, huh?" I smirked, and Lucy looked back at me. "Nirvana and I are one and the same, almost. In some ways, I'm more powerful than Nirvana." I said and Lucy got scared.

"I wouldn't normally even think of it, but now that I do, as long as a person I want to manipulate has a sense of good and evil in them, and everybody does, no one is either purely good nor purely evil, I can manipulate their thoughts to push them over to one side, if I wanted." I explained.

We soon reached a river thing, where Gray was about to stab Natsu, and Lucy summoned Sagittarius to stop him.

"Mind telling us what the hell you're doing?" Lucy asked and I stood beside her.

"Nice shot, Lucy..." Natsu said and gagged.

"I know you're motion sick, but watching you nearly puke after saying my name is killing my self-esteem!" Lucy whined.

"Aw, he doesn't mean it, Luce." I touched her arm.

"Could you guys be any more annoying? Mind your own business. I'll deal with you when I'm done with him, so keep your mouths shut and wait your turn." He said and we were all in shock.

"Is this Nirvana?" Lucy gasped.

"It better be, or he is in a hell of a lot of trouble for talking to me like that." I growled.

Happy went to get Natsu, but Gray froze him. "Happy may be able to fly, but he has no combat skills. That's all the info Gray has on the pest." He said and I was thoroughly confused.

"He has plenty of info on Lucy. A newcomer to Fairy Tail, definitely easy on the eyes. He likes the whole package." Gray grinned and Lucy blushed as my eyebrow shot up and I crossed my arms at him.

"And Baz. Doesn't know her real name, as Baz is obviously a nickname. He's in love with her, likes her more than Lucy, obviously." He said.

"Now we're talking." I huffed.

"Wouldn't mind a threesome between them, though. That's disgusting, it's disgusting, the thoughts he has about her. All the perverted fantasies..." Gray twitched and I pieced it together.

"That's not Gray." I growled as he, it, shot some ice towards us, anz Hibiki blocked it.

"How do you know?" Lucy asked.

"Talking about himself and us in third person? He's not Juvia." I said.

"You're right... who the hell are you?" Lucy ordered, and he looked up with a grin, then started laughing as the voice wavered to go high pitched, then split, and when he looked back at us, his eyes were round and pitch black.

"That's gonna give me nightmares." I jumped back as Gray exploded, turning into Lucy, and a fight erupted. Since I was instructed not to fight, I sat next to Hibiki, making sure he was okay. Fake Lucy soon exploded into two little blue dolls that reminded me of Mimikyu, and Angel appeared.

They fought a little bit, and Lucy was getting beaten to the point where Lucy was willing to give her life for Aries to be free.

Hibiki moved from my side and went to Lucy, downloading spell after spell into her mind. And suddenly the world exploded around us and time seemed to stop as Lucy cast a spell, finishing off Angel, then Lucy snapped out of it.

"Did I win?" She asked and I gave a weak laugh.

"I never doubted you for a second, good job, Lucy." Hibiki said as she looked around.

I must've dozed off or something thanks to this sickness, and when I woke up, the sky was pink. I heard shouting and slowly got up to follow, and soon found Natsu and Lucy with Gray, who was pinning down Sherri.

"What's happening here?" I asked.

"Sherri's been possessed." Gray said and looked at me. "Where have you been?" He asked.

"I passed out. Lemme see her." I said and sat in front of them, and held Sherri's face in my hands. "Look at me, Sherri." I said as she writhed. "Look at me." I ordered, pushing my magic out, and her eyes snapped to mine.

"Come back to the light." I said, feeling my eyes burn, and she relaxed.

"I just wanted to avenge him..." she whimpered, eyes filling with tears.

"Avenge me for what?" Lyon stepped out and I sighed as Gray got up, pulling me with him, then hugged me tight.

"Don't scare me like that." He sighed and I smiled and hugged him back.

"Gray, be careful with her!" Natsu yelled as Lucy called out a 'careful!'

"What? Why?" Gray pulled back and looked me up and down.

"Wendy checked her out because she was sick earlier. Says there's nothing wrong with her, but she's really fragile right now." Natsu said and I looked over at him.

"Thanks, Natsu!" I groaned.

"Wha- I'm just looking out for you, Baz!" Natsu said and I sighed.

"I know. You okay?" I asked, remembering I hadn't checked up on him.

"Am I o- Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Natsu stepped towards me, and I backed up.

"I feel fine." I sighed.

"Baz, are you lying?" Gray asked and I let out a small scream of frustration.

"I am fine! Can everyone stop worrying about me? You're gonna drive me crazy! Fuck!" I swore, then ran my hands over my face, and turned to the two. "Wendy wouldn't tell me what was up with me, she said she would after. I promised not to fight because she was so worried, but we're going to focus on fucking Nirvana right now and then you can worry and drive me crazy all you want later." I said, looking at them.

"Promise?" I said and they nodded.

"Promise. Let's get going." The two nodded.