I miss you

Kara POV (a month after arriving at Earth 1)

I quietly snuck over to the room across from mine and looked at Barry, he was sleeping soundly next to Cait. I thought I could sneak out for a moment but I saw a red streak in front of me as I reached for the door.

"Dammit!" I said, then noticed that Barry was staring at something behind me and when I turned, I saw a familiar face. One that I had never planned to see again. "Lena..." I muttered

"Kara, we need to talk," as she said that, a blue portal opened up behind the former love of my life. She grabbed my hand and pulled me through it. 

We were in her office, I was going to leave but Lena told me to sit.

"What is it? I am sure you have more important things to do, like see Mon-El?" I said, spitting out the words and not thinking about how my tone sounded.

"Kara, it was never like that. I didn't kiss him, a shapeshifter did to get you to Barry's earth. They somehow knew you would go there. They have been planning to kidnap, torture and then kill you." It took me a while to piece everything together. After the way they used to fight over their love for me, I don't know why it seemed so likely that they were a couple. Then it clicked, the guy that attacked me, the reason I was staying at Barry and Caitlin's house. Lena was telling the truth.

"Do me a favour, don't ever let me think that you and Mon-El were together. Ever! Again!" I smirked, grabbing my bag and coat.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." She smiled back as I thanked her and got up to leave. I turned quickly out of surprise when she kept talking.

"Well, hey, um. Baby, I miss you." She said with a massive smile on her face that told me she was telling the truth.

"Sorry, I uh, have to go," I told her. Not wanting to look back. I felt a pain in my heart as I left the building, not pain as if the Arakmuraya was coming back, pain for the way I just left Lena. I soldiered on through my day. I went home and did some work, then went out as Supergirl. I forgot how it felt. Flying and saving people. I hadn't done this in months.

"Supergirl has finally returned, stronger than ever. After months of pain and sorrow, Supergirl was spotted saving thousands of people tonight. Is this the Supergirl we know? Is it someone knew? Or is she just stronger after what she has been through? Stay tuned..." Cat said on the television when I got home. She obviously was excited for my return, as was I. I decided to pay my old boss a visit. I landed softly on Cat's balcony, the wind from my entrance notified Cat of my presence.

"Supergirl... this routine of you saving people and then seeing me at the end of the day, is it going to be a thing again?"

"Maybe, Miss Grant. I know for sure that I am not leaving again. I am okay now, I have healed and am not leaving National City ever again."

"Kara..." At first, I was surprised she pronounced my name right, then I realised that I wasn't Kara right now, I was Supergirl.

"What? Oh, you still think I am Miss Danvers. Wow, nothing much has changed in my absence."

"Do you really think I haven't known for aeons that you are Supergirl, Kara?"

"The circumstances give it away, don't they?"

"Well, I have only ever seen you and Kara in the same room together once. But, then not long after, we found out that one of your alien friends can shapeshift. That makes that encounter null and void."

"Okay, so, you have known since J'onn revealed himself?"

"Longer, I had suspicions that you were not human since we met. But I doubted a little when I saw you two in the same room. When Hank turned out to be J'onn, it only confirmed those suspicions." She walked back into her office and sat at her desk.