Rao's Light

Kara POV (In Rao's Light)

"Kara, wake up." The softest, gentlest voice I had ever heard woke me. I opened my eyes and saw nothing, well, except light. A man suddenly apeared in front of me. I bowed, immediately recognising it was Krypton's sun god. He lifted me from my kneeling position and said four simple words. "You are not finished."

"Kara? Please, no! Not again." In the distance I heard my older sister's voice breaking down over me.

"Mighty Rao, what do I do?" He hugged me and I felt warm, not because of his hug, because I was suddenly in my sisters's embrace. The pain of the wound in my chest faded quickly and I sat up.

"Alex?" I said, she was holding me as if I had just died, which I had.

"Kara!" Lena ran to the other side of me. Taking me into her arms, she carried me to a bed that was covered with sun lamps

"Where is Cadmus?" I said after I had healed a bit. I was still in tonnes of pain and had a gash in my chest but no longer a hole.

"They left right after they shot you," Lena said. I looked at Alex who looked paranoid about something. 

"What is happening?" I said, trying to sit up. Lena helped me stand and I looked at her and back at Alex.

"What do you mean?" Alex looked upset.

"I mean the blacking out and being in Rao's Light then back here."

"Wait, you were there? What the hell? How are you... alive?" Lena was obviously trying to find a different word but just settled with Alive.

"Kara, you need to tell us what happened..." Alex sat on the bed and told me to sit again. I explained everything, from the first time I blacked out and the first time in Rao's Light. "What is going on? Why is this happening?" Alex said as she stood and ran to the debreifing room.

"Alex!" I yelled. I got up and followed her, or tried to. Lena caught me before I hit the ground and put her arm around my waist and held me in a standing position. We followed Alex and was surprised to see M'gann.

Lena POV

Why did Kara always get hurt? Can't we have a few days of rest? Can't Cadmus and my mother just go away? 

"Lena, are you paying attention?" Kara's voice snapped me out of my own thoughts. I nodded and listened to the end of the conversation I had missed.

"So, Kara basically gives herself up?" Alex.

"No, we will get there before Cadmus takes her, or harms her in any way," J'onn.

"What if we don't? I am not putting Kara in harms way just so we can catch these guys. The risk is too high!" Alex.

"Alex, what if this whole thing with Rao's light means that if I die, I just come back?" Kara.

"But you will still get hurt. Either way, if they end up killing you or not, both outcomes end with you getting hurt. I am not letting that happen again." Alex.

"Lena, please, talk her out of it. We have an opportunity, or at least a chance to catch them." Kara.

"No..." I said, looking at her. "I am on Alex's side. I know my opinion doesn't stand for much but we are not going to put you in Cadmus's crosshairs." I couldn't look Kara in the eyes. Alex and I were hell bent on protecting her so we refused, J'onn and Kara both thought she could handle it so they agreed on something. They looked at each other and nodded their heads, flying off together.

"Kara!" I yelled, at the same time that Alex yelled the Martian's name.

"Dammit!" Alex kicked a chair over.