Not Again

Third Person POV

"Oliver..." Barry walked up to Oliver who was pointing an arrow at the terrified Kara on the other side of the room.

"Barry, stay out of this."

"Oliver, please don't do this. I know you think she failed the city but this isn't the Kara from your Earth! You must have gotten to this Earth somehow, please don't..." He released the bow and a Kryptonite Arrow headed straight for Kara's chest. Barry used all the strength he could to run as fast as he could, just catching the arrow as it hit Kara.

She looked down at the small scratch on her chest. She sighed with relief, bending down and putting her hands on her knees.

"Barry, why did you save her? She needs to die. We have more than enough evidence of her being the one who is destroying Metropolis." He pulled out another arrow, shotting it at Barry. He caught it before it could hit him, throwing it at Oliver's leg. The Green Arrow screamed with pain.

"What did y...you do th...that for?" 

"He was trying to kill you, Kara. I can't let that happen."

"Thank y...you." She hugged the speedster, then limped over to Oliver on the ground. "I'm s...sorry, what Earth d...did you say you w...were..." Oliver pulled the arrow out of his leg and stabbed Kara in the stomach with it. She didn't have enough strength to hold on. Instead of staying up and fighting, she crumpled to the ground, the last thing she heard was Barry screaming 'no'.

Barry POV

"Oliver, what the hell?" I screamed as I held Kara.

"She..." I cut him off.

"Deserves to die, I get it..." I looked down at the limp body I was holding. Her breaths were shallow and I could feel her letting go a little more. That meant she wasn't unconscious but her eyes were closed. "Kara, please. Hold on."

"B...Barry..." She stuttered, this time it wasn't because of the brain injury, she could barely breathe.

"Don't talk, just hold on. Alex will be here soon, I called for backup as soon as you texted me. I left first so that I could get here in time if you were in trouble. I wasn't fast enough to save you, Kara. I am so sorry." I looked at her, she had a look of forgiveness in her eyes, which made me happy. She was always ready to forgive.

"Barry! No! Not again!" Alex ran to us and held Kara while I called J'onn and explained the situation. He said he would send a medical team. "Barry! Help me take this out... she might heal quicker..."

"Alex, we don't know if she will heal in time. She could bleed out..."

"Just... get... it... out!" Kara gasped, trying to breathe through the pain. Alex looked at me, I was ready to speed off with the arrow once Alex took it out of Kara.

"Okay. Just hold on, okay?" Alex moved a strand of hair from Kara's face, I counted down from three and she pulled. Kara's scream rang through the house and even made Oliver jump. He looked scared like he knew what he had done was wrong. I grabbed him and the Kryptonite arrow, taking them both to the DEO and waiting for Alex to arrive with Kara.

Alex POV (At the DEO, 4 hours later)

The surgery had gone well and after she went under the sunlights, Kara was healing and we were waiting for her to wake up. Lena had come in an hour after Kara went into surgery, she couldn't get a hold of Alura and blamed it on bad reception wherever she was.

"I am going to go get some coffee," Lena got up and left without letting me reply. I looked at my sister, she looked so peaceful. She looked like she was in a coma again. I wouldn't be able to handle it if she was.

"Alex?" Maggie lightly knocked on the door, stepping in a little bit. "How is she?"

"Not in a coma, that is a plus, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." She smiled and sat in the chair Lena had just left. She grabbed my hand and squeezed to let me know she was there for me. I rested my head on her shoulder, not realising until now that I was exhausted. I closed my eyes and let myself fall to sleep on my Fiance.

"Alex, hey." I opened my eyes to Maggie trying to wake me up. I quickly looked at Kara and saw breathing tubes down her throat once again. I couldn't believe it. She can't be in a coma again. I won't let her let go again!

"No, no..." I stood and put my hand on her cheek, realising it was ice cold. "No!" I fell to my knees in tears once again, not even wanting to know why she was in another coma. I couldn't breathe with the guilt and grief I was feeling. I should have gotten there sooner, I should have been there for her. I shouldn't have taken the arrow out, maybe she would be fine...

"It is the Arakmuraya," Lena told me from the other side of Kara's bed. "It has come back, this time they have no cure."

"How long?"

"Only a few days, Alura is on her way. Barry is bringing Cait and Felicity soon to say goodbye." Maggie spoke up because Lena couldn't speak through the tears that were streaming down her face.

"Mum?" Alura came through the doorway, running straight for Lena and hugging her. It was a moment I can't put into words. Watching a daughter sob with her mother over her other mother dying was something I didn't think I would ever experiance.

"Alura, baby, " Lena explained everything to her, leaving her in a state of shock when I left, I had to make sure Oliver paid for everything. 

I ran into his cell and beat him senseless, now knowing why Kara from Earth 90 had killed Lillian. This man had put my sister in another coma, she was going to die soon, he had to die too.

Alura POV (A week later)

"Bye mum," I said as I held her hand, ready for the doctors to turn her life support off. I had accepted everything not long ago but it still hurt like hell to watch her die. Barry and Cait said their goodbyes yesterday and Felicity had said hers just before me. I stood and held Felicity's arm, probably drenching it in tears but she didn't seem to care.

"I love you, babe!" Mum said and kissed Kara on the lips for the last time. Alex, Felicity and I stood back and watched Lena sign the papers, then we watched with horror as they turned the technology off.

Kara POV

I woke up in a place brighter than anything else I had ever seen. I recognised it from my brief encounters with death. I was in Rao's light. After looking around a little, I saw a group of familiar faces. One turned and I ran to her, finally feeling her warm embrace.

"Mum!"

Yes, sadly this is the last chapter of this book. Check out my other books from the Arrowverse 'Felicity Snow' and 'Earth 90'. Both of them are linked to this book.

Love you all!