t h r e e

"Hi, I'll take two Big Macs, two large fries, a 20 piece of chicken nuggets, a large Coke, and an Oreo McFlurry please" I said as I poked my head out of the car window.

"Alright, ma'am. Any sauce for the nuggets?" The worker asked. 

I turned to Niall and waited for his response.

"Ranch?" He suggested.

"Ranch, please!" I answered.

"Got it. Please pull up to the first window to pay" He instructed. With that, I put the car in drive and did as told.

"You sure you got it, love?" Niall asked, reaching for his wallet before I stopped him.

"I think I can handle a $20 meal after the $900 birthday present you got me" I chuckled, handing the credit card through the window.

"Well thanks, darlin'. I haven't had McDonalds in forever. Management thinks allthe grease isn't too good for my voice" He explained.

My eyes widened, "Wait, what?! Why are you letting me get it then! Do you know how many people will hate me if I fûck up Niall Horan's voice all because I wanted McDonald's?! I-"

"Gabi, calm down! It's completely fine" He laughed.

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously.

"'Course" He reassured with a smile.

With that, I paid for our meal and drove us back home.

I of course had to play his album in the car on the way back. He couldn't help but laugh as I practically performed his concert for him all over again.

"Don't it feel FÛCKED up we're not in love!" I sang, putting emphasis on the swear word.

After a laughing fit, Niall spoke up, "I don't get why girls freak out when they hear me swear. I mean, don't they have any idea where I'm from?"

I chuckled, "I don't know. I guess they just find something hot about it"

"Do you?" He asked with a smirk.

"Maybeee" I hummed, smiling a bit at him.

"Noted" He smiled, making me roll my eyes playfully.

After a few more minutes, we finally arrived home.

"And we're home!" I cheered, opening the front door to my apartment.

"Shít, this is really nice" Niall complimented, looking around my small apartment. 

"Yeah, don't be fooled though," I chuckled, "I'm still a broke college student"

"With an apartment like this?" He asked.

I explained, "My best friend and roommate, Foley's, parents are rich realtors so for one, they got this place for us at a decent price and two, they pay for more than half of it so Foley and I just split the rest"

"Ah, makes sense" Niall nodded, "Is Foley here right now?"

"I don't think so. He's probably at his girlfriend's place" I replied.

After showing Niall around, I set up our McDonald's feast on the kitchen table. I definitely wanted to pay for Niall and I's dinner, but honestly did not have the budget to go anywhere nicer, which is why I suggested McDonald's at my place.

"Thanks again for dinner" Niall said as he took a seat on the chair.

"Of course, it's the least I could do" I reassured.

We ate and chatted about pretty much anything and everything. It was quite scary to think that I was getting this close and comfortable to Niall Horan. Just a week ago he was my celebrity crush that I could only dream of meeting and now, he was eating McDonalds with me in my kitchen.