s i x

NIALL'S POV

"You nervous?" John teased as I anxiously sat in the car. 

"Yeah" I breathed out folding my hands in my lap.

Foley called me yesterday and told me about Gabi's birthday party tonight. He wasn't expecting much since we were in California then, but he offered an invite to myself and my bandmates anyway. After much debate with myself, I decided that attending couldn't hurt. I mean, her best friend offered. That's a good sign, right?

I was still nervous, though. I just flew halfway across the country for a girl that I met no more than five days ago. That sounds pretty crazy to me. I'm just worried it's gonna sound the same to her.

"Don't be, mate. We all know she's got the hots for ya" Gerry winked.

"I hope so" I muttered. I decided to take out my phone to distract myself for a while. Little did I know, Gabi's tweet would to anything but that.

She had recently tweeted picture of her, sitting in a car while holding a clear glass. Her dress was riding up, making my pants tighten slightly, "Oh for fûcks sake" I muttered to myself, hoping that the guys wouldn't hear me. I know that it would entail much bantering.

Her tweet read,

@GabiLowe1996: On my way to The Diamond Bar! Thanks a bunch to my bestie @Foley_Abraham for planning the night and an even bigger thanks to our DD Connor for letting us pregame in the car xo #TwentyFun

It already had numerous likes and retweets from all of Gabi's followers. The girl is so sweet and beautiful, there's no doubt she has a ton of friends. Suddenly, I became worried for a different reason.

I'm about to attend a party. Not just any party, but a party full of college kids. Granted, they were all 21 and not exactly kids, but college students nonetheless.

Not to sound like a díck, but usually when I'm at a party, it's with other celebrities. While I don't like describing myself as "famous", I know that I am a celebrity. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have paparazzi up my ass 24/7. 

Sure, there are a few people asking for pictures here and there when I go to a party, but the attention isn't necessarily on me. While the attention will be on Gabi for her birthday, I can't even imagination the attention I might get. Do her friends even know about me? Do they even know that she might have a potential thing with Niall Horan? What will they do when I walk in?

Most importantly, what about the paparazzi? Do they know I'm here? 

Oh god, maybe coming wasn't such a good idea.

Before I could back out, Louis announced that we arrived,"Ready?" 

 I nodded nervously before walking out of the car with my bandmates trailing behind me. I looked around and sighed with relief when there were no flashing cameras surrounding us. I took this time to look down at my outfit and straighten out any wrinkles. 

I was dressed in a black blazer with a white t-shirt underneath and black pants to match. I also wore my glasses, because I remember Gabi telling me that she liked it when I wore them.

Once we entered, we let a worker know that we were here for Gabi Lowe's 21st birthday. She then escorted us to the room Foley had reserved for everyone. My stomach was in knots and I took in a deep breath before opening the curtain that separated the room from the rest of the club.

I was beyond shocked. Not from the attention I was getting, but lack there of. Everyone was occupied drinking and talking amongst themselves. I thought to myself about how much of an idiot I was for worrying over nothing.