n i n e t e e n

"I'm gonna go take a shower" Foley announced, removing himself from the bed. I nodded as I continued to scroll through my phone, looking at my friends' Christmas pictures with their families. I sighed, knowing that my Christmas most definitely did not turn out the way I had hoped.

A few minutes after Foley left to go shower, there was a knock on my door. I assumed that Foley must have forgotten something and got up to answer it. It was then that I learned to stop assuming it was Foley at the door.

"Hey Niall, what's up?" I asked when I opened the door to find Niall standing there. He was dressed in a plain grey t-shirt with some plaid PJ pants to match. I was assuming that he was going to thank me for the same exact present that he received from Hailee a few hours ago and throw a pity party for me, but that assumption slowly dissipated when he didn't say anything right away.

He looked distraught as he gripped something tight in his left hand, his knuckles nearly turning white. I rose an eyebrow at him, "Is everything ok--"

I was put to an abrupt stop as Niall grabbed my face with his two large hands and kissed me. And just like every other time, I kissed him back, completely melting into it. I missed the feeling way too much to hold my pride. Every ounce of anger and sadness in me went away as his lips hit mine. My hands wrapped around his neck as I pulled him into me, wanting to feel him as close to me as possible. 

As he held my face in his hands, I felt something cold pressed up against my left cheek. It felt like metal, maybe? The sensation soon went away when he moved his hands down to my back.

The feeling of his hands moving down my body and pulling me closer into his chest was a feeling I never wanted to stop. I didn't want this to stop. I wanted him.

When he finally pulled away, I stare at him breathless.

"What-what was that for?" I somehow managed to choke out.

"I 'pick' you, Gabi" He replied simply.

I didn't know what to feel. I was happy of course, but I was also confused. Confused far beyond belief. What changed his mind all of a sudden? 

I looked at him waiting for more clarification until he removed his left hand from my back and held it up in front of me, showcasing my present to him. The ring of the keychain was around his middle finger as the metal pick dangled in front of his palm. 

"I pick you, petal" Niall said once more before he started to ramble, "I know I screwed up and I know I hurt you, but dammit Gabi, I need you. I wish I would have realized this earlier, but every moment I was with Hailee I was just thinking about you. And when I opened up your present, I just stood there and thought about you. Every little thing about you drives me crazy and I need that in my life, darling. I need you"

He then proceeded to rest his forehead against mine, "I'm so sorry about everything I put you through this trip, but please, Gabi. Please give me a chance"

Despite everything that's happened between us, I was absolutely head over heels for Niall and there was no way of denying it. No more than a few seconds later I found myself nodding, "Yes, Niall"

"Yes?" He perked up, "Yes?"

I smiled and giggled at his adorable reaction before repeating myself, "Yes, Niall. I will give you a chance"

He then brought me into another kiss, holding me close to him as if I would leave if he let go. 

"Thank you, darling" He breathed out once he pulled away.

Then all of a sudden a realization hit me. 

"Wait" I started, "What about Hailee? Did you break up with her?"

He looked at me, guilt filling his expression causing my stomach to drop, "No, I, uh.."

I broke away from him suddenly and stared at him with wide eyes, "You didn't break up with her?"

"Not yet, everything just hit me so suddenly and I just needed to kiss you and--"

"Niall" I interrupted him, "Do you realize that you just cheated on Hailee?"

"I know I did but I'll make it all right tomorrow! I'll talk to her I swear" He replied quickly.

"And tell her what? That you all of a sudden decided that you like me more than her and couldn't wait a few hours to break up with her?" I said sarcastically.

"I never liked her more. It's always been you, Gabi" He responded as if that would make everything okay.

I scoffed, "Always been me? Niall, you had a fûcking girlfriend when I got here here! Two days later you decide that's its always been me?"

"I told you, I was dumb. I was stupid and I wasn't thinking" Niall said.

"So what would happen with us? We date and then you just all of a sudden stop thinking and cheat on me like you just did on Hailee?!" I nearly yelled, letting my anger taking over. 

"Is that the type of person you think I am?" He gasped. I knew I had hurt him but I didn't know what to think otherwise.

"It's what I'm seeing" I said harshly.

"Dammit, Gabi! I thought you were giving me a chance!" He exclaimed.

"That was before I knew you were cheating on Hailee! I mean, come on, don't you see how fûcked up this is? Don't you realize how hurt she's going to be?"

"I know that" He replied, a lot more calm than I was expecting, "But Gabi, I couldn't stand another second not being with you. I know what I did was shítty and I know I'm going to pay for it, but it's all worth it because I'll have you..only if you'll let me"

"I don't know, Niall" I sighed.

He thought for a moment before proposing an idea, "How about I break up with Hailee tomorrow morning and then we can properly talk about this?"

"Yeah" I nodded slowly, "That sounds good"

We stayed in silence for a few moments before I heard some Imagine Dragons song in the distance. No more than a few seconds later, Foley showed up with a towel wrapped around his waist and his blaring phone in his hand.

"Hey guys! What'd I miss?"

lolllll u thought

soz for the short chapter but I felt that if I added more, it wouldn't feel right

more updates to come soon! xo