e l e v e n

It was Wednesday, one day before Thanksgiving and Niall had arrived early this morning.

I was honestly surprised when my parents didn't freak out. They were cool and casual, which made it even better for Niall.

Of course, my parents absolutely loved him. How could they not? He's sweet, funny, talented, handsome, and just simply charming. I don't get how anyone couldn't adore him.

Dad had planned for us to go to this incredible golf course in the middle of the forest where him and his buddies usually go to play. The game was scheduled at 1 so Niall and I had decided to go to the range at 11 so that he could help me practice.

I put on my outfit and walked into Foley's room for his opinion while Niall finished up getting ready.

"What in God's name are you wearing?" Foley gasped once I entered the guest room.

"What?" I muttered, "It's my golf outfit!"

"First of all, since when did you golf? Second of all, since when did you have an outfit for golf?" He asked, still eyeing my clothes.

"I don't golf, but Niall's gonna teach me" I explained.

He smirked, "Ah, so that's why you're all dolled up in that ridiculous outfit"

"It's not that bad" I replied, looking at myself in the mirror. Since I didn't have any proper golf attire, I raided my athletic wear and tried to work with what I had. Despite Foley's comments, I think I did a pretty good job.

"Mhmm" He nodded, making me roll my eyes.

"You wanna come with?" I asked.

"Nah" He shook his head, "I'm gonna help your mom bake the pies for Thanksgiving!"

I chuckled at his excitement, "That's adorable"

"I have to learn from the master" Foley commented, making me laugh. If you couldn't tell, he's always been obsessed with my mom's cooking.

I said goodbye to him and went downstairs to find Niall chatting with my mom.

"Hi" I greeted with a smile. Niall turned his gaze away from Mom and immediately smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Gabi" He grinned.

"Hi, sweetie! Don't you look adorable" She gasped, having a completely opposite reaction to my outfit than Foley, "Can I take a picture of you two? You both are so cute"

Niall was dressed in grey pants and a navy blue Nike pullover that was very tight on him. Not that I'm complaining.

"Mooom" I whined at her embarrassing request.

Niall chuckled, "Of course, Mrs. Lowe!"

He then walked over next to me and snaked his arm around my waist, flashing me a cheesy grin. Giving in, I put my hand on his lower back and leaned my head towards him.

Mom took out her phone, "Okay, 1, 2, 3, adorable!"

"Perfect" Niall smiled as Mom showed us the picture. Even though I didn't want it in the first place, my mom was right, it was pretty cute.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Niall.

"Definitely! I already loaded my clubs into your car" He said, "I'm assuming you don't have any, yeah?"

I embarrassedly shook my head, "No.."

"It's okay, love. I'll let you use mine" He reassured.

We said goodbye to my mom and went out the back door to the garage. I opened the door and opened my brown Volkswagen Beetle. I thought my car was adorable contrary to the fact that Foley calls it the "shitmobile" due to its color.