Kiss It

Ughh... Raven groaned internally as she endured another minute of Beast Boy's attempts at making a conversation with her.

She grit her teeth, abruptly slamming her book shut... then threw it at Beast Boy!

Beast Boy got hit at the face with a yelp and fell of the couch resulting in another yelp.

Raven gasped and ran to him immediately.

"Oh Azarath! I'm sorry... I didn't mean to-"

He chuckled, "Raven? Apologizing? That's new."

Raven narrowed her eyes at him, the concern on her face was gone and was replaced with her everyday mask.

"I think I got a papercut..." Beast Boy mumbled as he ran a hand through his face, withdrawing it and seeing a smudge of blood.

Raven held his head in place as she checked it.

He blushed at their close proximity and the warmth of her hands but didn't say anything.

"Huh, you have a papercut at your forehead, cheek, and bottom lip." she stated her eyebrows furrowed at the damage a book could do.

"Can you get me the first-aid kit?" Beast Boy asked.

"I can heal you. Besides, it was my fault anyways..." she said as she raised her hand to him until he held her wrist.

"Can you kiss it?"

Her eyes widened at the request.

"My parents always did it to all my wounds when I was little, but... after they died..."

Raven's eyes softened and she cupped his cheek and looked into his sad emerald eyes with her amethyst ones.

She kissed his forehead first, healing it in the process. Next was the cheek. And lastly, and hesitantly, his lip. Beast Boy stiffened in the contact but immediately relaxed.

Raven pulled away, and Beast Boy hid his disappointment of the disappearance of the warmth of her lips on his face.

"There, all healed!" she stated with a half smile.

Beast Boy couldn't help the grin that showed on his face.