Your Presence

I was enjoying my nap as Raven stroked my fur.

I'm glad she likes us.

Well, the cat form mostly. Which is why I'm in my cat form on her lap as she reads a book and strokes my fur.

I purred in content and my ears perk up at the sound of Raven's slight giggle.

I looked up at her and gave a meow.

Behind her hood, I can tell she's half-smiling as she pets my head and I meow again.

It's been like this almost every afternoon when Raven comes to the common room to either read a book, meditate, or drink tea. I'd be in an animal form I know she'd like or rarely in human form and stay on her lap.

I know she enjoys silence so I normally don't say anything. I'm kind of surprised she let me on her lap while she meditates. It's cool how she levitates and I got to try it too.

"Okay, this has been going on for months." Cyborg exclaims making both me and Raven look at him.

I turn into a human and shift in Raven's lap so she's comfortable.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We are the used to you and Friend Raven doing the arguing." Starfire said.

"Do you know how surprising it is to see the two of you like this?!?" Robin asked making slight hand gestures.

I look at Raven as she looks at me.

I tilt my head with a confused face. I normally just gesture things so Raven can enjoy her silence. She understands what I mean when I do.

"Well, I enjoy his presence." she said as she ruffled my forest green hair.

I grinned at her as a thank you and she slightly nods as a you're welcome.

"Then there's that! You two just make slight gestures and you already have a conversation only the two of you understand!!!" Cyborg points out.

"Do you two have telepathy or something?"

I chuckled, "No..."

"And Beast Boy's been less loud an talkative. I mean, I enjoy it but it's unusual." Robin stated.

"I do it because I know Raven likes it more when it's silent." I tell them with a shrug.

"And why are you always on the lap of Friend Raven? Is it a tradition of the two of you?" Starfire asked levitating a leg upwards behind her back as she leans forward.

"I like it on her lap." I answer. "No, it's not a tradition." Raven asnwered after me.

"Whatever, I'm leavin'! I can't take all this confusing data!" Cyborg exclaimed waking out, quickly followed by Robin who was rubbing his temples then Starfire who still seemed as confuse as before.

"So, I've been thinking." I whispered. Raven nods.

"Why not you stay on my lap instead? I mean, I've stayed on your lap far too many times. And think of it as a way I repay you." I tell her quietly.

She thinks about it for a moment then nods.

I grin as I sat on the couch and pulled her to my lap. I remove her hood as she leans back to my chest and continue reading her book. I snuggle my head to her hair sniffing it making her giggle.

"I enjoy your presence too, Rae."