Confessions and First Kiss

I don't know why, but I kissed him. I felt him tense up so I stopped. I didn't say anything after that, I just turned around and walked home, my head hanging low the whole way.

I ran inside and into my room, ignoring my brother yelling my name. I threw my backpack beside my bed and collapsed face first on my bed. I rolled over on my side to face my brother walking in. He sat on my bed beside me.

"You ok sis?" He asked. I sat up. "I'm just having troubles at daycare." I say. "How so?" He asks. "It's with Ryan...I feel that I ruined our friendship, I kissed him, what if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore?" I say. I felt a tear fall. "If a little kiss makes Ryan not want to be your friend anymore, then he's crazy!" He says hugging me. "Thanks big bro." I say hugging back. Whenever mom isn't here, (b/n) takes her place. He takes care of me like a mother would. It's almost like mom never left.

He leaves to go make me some dinner and I play with my stuffed animals while I wait. Im playing with a shark, snake, white cat, and a black cat. Then I felt tears start to form. I guess the animals reminded me of the kids at daycare. The shark reminded me of Shark, the snake reminded me of Sabre, the black cat reminded me of myself, and the white cat reminded me of......Ryan. I felt a tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away when I heard (b/n) enter so I wouldn't worry him.

"Here ya go sis." He said handing my a plate of food. "Thanks." I say. There was a grilled cheese sandwich, some carrots, and applesauce. I started eating and I looked at the white and black cats. I nudged the white cat closer to the black cat and smiled.

      (Time skip to next day)

I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door, saying bye to (b/n). I walk into the daycare and see Thomas behind his desk. As I get closer Thomas puts a glass case over the bell with a sign that said, "DONT TOUCH". I giggled and walked into the playroom. I look and see Ryan on the sofa. He looks over at me and blushes, then he looks away. I blush as well, remembering yesterday.

I sit down on a different sofa and stare at the door, waiting for the director to come in. Soon, he comes in. "Hey director, how about you go get us some cookies." Ryan says. Matt sighs. "Fine." He walks out and Ryan jumps up on the table. "Quick! Everyone block all the entrances and hide outside!" Ryan yells running to pick up toys. I pick up some stuffed tigers and chicks and place then in front of one of the hallways. I run outside and see Ryan running towards the bushes that surround the playground. He jumps over them and I follow.

I see Ryan poking his head through the bush looking out at the director trying to find everyone. I tap his shoulder and he looks at me, then he looks down blushing a crimson red. I feel my face heat up as well. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. "I-im sorry about y-yesterday." I stutter.

"I-it's ok." He says. "I kinda liked it....." I hear him whisper to himself. "What did you say?" I ask blushing. He blushes an even darker shade of red. "N-nothing! I didn't s-say anything! Not at all, nope!!!" He says nervously. "Ok...." I say. All of a sudden I look up and see Matt just smiling down at us from behind the bush. "Ahhh...young love...." He sighs. "Director!!!" Ryan and I yell. Matt tries to tag us but misses. "C'mon (y/n)!" Ryan yells pulling me into the woods as Matt struggles to jump over the bush.

We both sit down behind a rock panting, then we hear footsteps and hold our breath. Matt runs right past us and we start giggling. "C'mon, there's a great spot where we can hide!" He yells running back to the daycare. I follow and he runs around the building and behind the bush at the front of the building. He then pushed on the end if the bush and a secret door opened in the bush. "Woah!" I exclaim. He walks down a few stairs into a giant room with a table, computer, and some other stuff.