Chapter Eight: Bad Feeling

"What was that about, Chae?" Jungkook asked after pulling away from the kiss. "Why.. Why did you.. I mean, why did you do that?" Jungkook stuttered, his face was painted red.

"I—" Chaeyoung looked down on her toes, feeling embarrased.

"You know what?" Lisa cut off, standing up. "I shouldn't be here." And Lisa turned to walk away but Jungkook immediately took hold of her arms, stopping her. "What?!" Lisa yelled, facing him with a glare.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Lisa scoffed. "I mean, it's not like I have anything to say to the both of you. So just continue on what you two were doing and i'll be on my way—" Lisa continued to blabber until she felt his hand tighten on her wrist.

"Lisa, it's not what you—" Jungkook started to say.

"Jeon Jungkook." Chaeyoung stated, cutting him off.

Jungkook looked back towards Chaeyoung who looked like she was about to cry. Jungkook sighed and turned back to look at Lisa sadly. Jungkook was confuse to what was happening and he definitely didn't know what to do.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay going back alone, Lisa?" Jungkook asked. "I have to send Chaeyoung home, but if it's okay with you we could—"

"I'm fine on my own." Lisa stated sternly, tugging her arms free from his grip and started to walk away.

Jungkook could only sigh while watching Lisa walking away with Dalgom behind her heels. When he couldn't see her shadows anymore, he finally decided to face Chaeyoung but he quickly regretted it when he saw her trembling and looking hurt. He immediately reached out to embrace her.

"What's wrong, Chae?" jungkook whispered.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me, Jungkook?" Chaeyoung finally looked up to see his worried and confuse face. "You know that I like you! That I have feelings for you! But then, why?" Chaeyoung wailed, pushing him away from her.

"Chae." Jungkook's voice was broken. "I am so sorry. But you know that I don't feel the same way, right?"

"But why is that? Is it because of that Isle girl?" Chaeyoung scoffed in disbelief.

"What?" Jungkook scowled. "What are you saying? No! Ofcourse not!" Jungkook denied.

"Then.." Chaeyoung's face was suddenly painted with realization. "..It's still her, isn't it? Jisoo?"

Jungkook was silent and kept his head down, looking away from Chaeyoung. He couldn't look at Chaeyoung properly knowing that the girl would only confirm her hunch about his feelings for Jisoo. Ever since they were young, Jungkook admired Jisoo for her beauty and innocence and what made him fell for her more was the fact that she was very kind towards anyone. But he has yet to confess his feelings for the girl, knowing that Taehyung has feelings for her too and he needed her more than he do.

"I can't believe this!" Chaeyoung laughed. "After all those years, you still have feelings for her? And here I tought that you had given up already and i could finally had a chance for your heart."

"Chae—" Jungkook started but Chaeyoung was already running away from him.

*****

Jisoo found her way towards the outskirts of town. She was now standing just a few meters away from the barrier that divides their kingdom from the gate which leads to the broken bridge that connects them from the Isle of the Lost. She thought hard before finally deciding to go in that place. She thought that it would help her to strengthen her resolve in helping the Isle kids.