Last Chapter: Moment of Truth

Just before the battle:

"We really thought we were finished." Chaeyoung let out a relieve sigh, sitting herself on a chair inside a tent that have been prepared by the palace guards for them to stay in and plan for their attack.

"I know right. It's a good thing that Jin and the others arrived just in time." Jimin agreed.

"So that's what you've been doing all this time?" Jennie turned towards Namjoon who was standing by the future king's side. "You went back to Auradon to fetch the future king."

"And it's a good thing that Namjoon did so, or you all have been hurt badly by now." Seokjin nagged with his accusing voice. "I couldn't believe that you would do this. You've put yourselves in danger!" Seokjin was obviously angry.

"We're sorry Jin. But Jisoo's in trouble. You couldn't expect us to just sit around, right?" Jungkook reasoned.

"I expected you to have remained calm and told me of what you were planning to do!"Seokjin fired back and everyone became quiet. "For god's sake! Jisoo's my sister! What do you think I've felt knowing that my sister is in danger?"

Seokjin was lost in his own emotions. He was furious and scared at the same time. No matter how much he wanted to just let his feelings out, he needed to remain calm and in control. He needed to show his people of what a good ruler should act during these kinds of situation.

"Anyway, we have to plan in order to save Jisoo and everyone else." Seokjin finally changed the topic to which they all felt relieve about. "I believe you all know about Auradon's history." He started and they all just nodded. "But that's not all of it. Something else had happened that night, ten years ago."

Everyone inside the tent suddenly became serious and worried at the same time. By the way Seokjin looked at that time, they knew that it was some kind of a bad memory to be recalled.

"Merlin." Seokjin called out and an old man came inside the tent holding an ancient looking sword.

"Your highness." Merlin bowed. "As what the future king had said, something else happened that night when princess Jisoo absorbed the evil powers. We all believed that only the princess was inside the circle, causing for her to absorb the powers, but there's someone else who happened to beinside it." Merlin started and stared directly towards Taehyung's direction.

"Don't tell me that I—" Taehyung was astonished and even the rest were shock too.

"Yes, your highness. A tiny part of the evil powers has transferred to you too. Maybe that's why you have the curse of the beast inside of you. It was caused by that tiny amount of evil that resides in you." Merlin explained.

"Just hold up." Jimin cut off. "But why them? I thought the king was supposed to absorb the powers right? And the three of them was inside the circle, so why only them?"

"The darkness is drawn to the light. Meaning the evil is drawn to anything that is pure. And both the princess and prince Taehyung was just children, innocent children and it just so happens that they're inside the circle. But princess Jisoo was the nearest and so most of the powers were transferred into her." Merlin answered.

"So what's the connection of this sudden history lessons to our current problem, exactly?" Yoongi scoffed, feeling irritated by the current story telling about the past.

"This leads us into our Plan B of attack." Seokjin answered quickly.

"Plan B? You mean to say Plan A? Since A go first before B in the alphabet." Hoseokramble but kept his mouth shut when his friends gave him a warning look.