Chapter 08

Maya looked at the water reflecting her face from the Ponte degli Scalzi Bridge which was one of the famous spot in Venice..

( Ponte degli Scalzi bridge:

)

The photoshoot was going on behind her... There were five bridges Venice was famous for.. She finalised two and was so confused between choosing Ponte degli Scalzi bridge and Rialto bridge. Then she decided to shoot both...

She knew her team wanted to shoot in Ponte dei Sospiri bridge.. But she refused flat out not wanting to go near there... Legend said whichever couple who kissed under that bridge, their love would last forever... Obviously she hated it... True love, my foot... It would bring more depression to her only.. That's why she chose Ponte degli Scalzi, the bridge of Monks...

She let out a bitter chuckle... No wonder she was partial to this bridge...

She knew they were confused but still her employees were busy with the work because she had told that she would buy something personally to each one of them in the team if the client was happy...

She sighed and leaned forward a bit....

How would it feel...?

How would it feel to just jump from here into the lake..?

How would it feel to jump in it and never come over the surface....?

How would it feel to just stay under water and black out...?

She closed her eyes to imagine....

And was assaulted with images of drowning...

------She was being pushed into a tub full of water and she couldn't breath...

She couldn't get over the surface..

She couldn't even use her hands...

She couldn't get her legs work...

She couldn't voice or scream for help...

Her body felt numb...

Her lungs screamed for mercy..

And just when she thought she was dying then she was pulled up with a maniac laugh and Ashwin pushed her again without even having a chance for her to take deep breath-------

Maya opened her eyes with a silent gasp...

She gripped the railing till her knuckles turned white....

Nope....

Not a best way to go....

But still.....

The utter silence and letting go of this world she experienced during the drowning torture in her childhood was what people called death...

As a child she was terrified of it and she was terrified of dying and not breathing..