Chapter 35

Chapter 35:

---------------------------

“Why are you doing this Dusky..? Why? You don't have to do this just because my step mom asked you..."

Arjun had grabbed Saanjh's hand and brought her to the rooftop where his step mom had tried to commit suicide and ruined all his happy memories here..

He had wanted to discuss this away from all the relatives and people gathered there not wanting to create a scene in front of all of them..

Arjun looked straight into Saanjh's eyes and asked his questions,

“I know you like my step mom but to do this much.? Why are you wasting your life Dusky..? I cannot even possibly imagine you accepting to her whims. You don't have to do this. Come on let's go down and say you don't want this marriage. What was my step mom thinking, gathering all people for this engagement was beyond me."

Arjun looked at Saanjh who was just standing there silently..

“Why are you silent Saanjh..? Come on.. You really don't have to do this."

“I have to do this duffer.."

“Why Saanjh.? Just because my step mom said? Why are you doing this.? Does any of these seem logical to you? Blackmailing someone to marry and you're agreeing to it.? Does any of this makes any sense at all?"

“I can't tell you but I have to do this Duffer.."

“Why? Did she blackmail you too into agreeing to this stupidity? I swear I am going to..." Saanjh cut him in mid sentence,

“No, Aunty didn't do anything like that Arjun."

“Then why Saanjh?"

“I can't tell you Arjun.."

Arjun grabbed Saanjh's shoulder roughly in anger and asked,

“Don't give me any of this nonsense. Tell me why..?"

“Because I love you Arjun.." She shouted at him with a determined look on her face

“What?"

Arjun let her shoulders go as if he had been touching a fire and moved two steps back, reeling in shock..

“Saanjh....."

Arjun looked at her strangely, all her yelling when he and Maya was in a four months relationship. It all clicked how she behaved strangely sometimes and blushed at odd times but Arjun had let it go thinking it was nothing serious.

But..........

What was she doing now..?

“Saanjh, I could understand your feelings but is it a new technique to trap the person you love in a relationship.?"

“I am not trapping you Arjun.. I agreed to marriage when your mom asked my hand in marriage. You can go and reject myself if you don't want to."

“What are you saying? You know she will commit suicide if I rejected this."

“Then its your problem.."

“Saanjh...."

He yelled her name in frustration and disbelief..

Arjun could not believe that his best friend, his Dusky would behave like this.

What had he been thinking...?

What was really going on..?

“You said you are in love with me and you're doing this because of love then hear my answer too.."