Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

----****----****----

Two days....

It has been two days of waiting...

Arjun wanted to see how Maya was doing. But he couldn't go to hospital. He had no rights to be with her but he wanted to see her and it was driving him insane. Oh God...!

He wanted to know about her so he searched in the Google, trying to find anything about famous Maya Mehrothra. There had to be something at least.

But to his surprise there was nothing but articles about her work and her interviews.

Arjun could feel that nothing was tracing back to her past or no hint of which school or college she had studied or any details of her childhood.

Maya even avoided answering any question which was about her personal life..

Overall in media, she was a strict and ruthless boss who wouldn't even smile at cameras.

Was she really like that..?

Because Arjun had seen her smile.. Had seen her smirk, he had even witnessed her breaking down in the lift for twice.

She was not as emotionless as they all were thinking her as. But he couldn't fault them since he only knew her sides which probably because she was obsessing with him and had a very complicated relationship with him.

Arjun discreetly asked the staff members about Maya. To his surprise, no one had even met Jhanvi Aunty properly. They weren't allowed to know her address or home number.

It felt like Arjun was living in a different time than them. How come he hadn't noticed all these things in this five months?

Was he such an air head that he didn't notice..?

Granted he had family issues and complicated relationship with Maya and many foreign trips going on, but how did he miss all these tiny details about Maya..?

Arjun wanted to ask Saanjh about Maya's father but since they were not speaking because of the fight they had two days before. He would let it calm down between them for a day or more and would ask Saanjh about Maya's father.

Arjun ignored the other's glances at him and sat on his cabin, waiting to see if she came to office or not.

He knew why employees were glancing at him. The fun guy who always smiled and joked was gone instead of that here he was, a serious guy, sulking around with dark circles.

He couldn't sleep... Oh God...

He alone knew how torturous it was...

Arjun could hear those words even now if he closed his eyes.

~~Let me out dad~~

~~Please let me out.. I will be good~~

Arjun couldn't sleep, constantly worrying about her and those words which Maya uttered with such fear and desperation in the lift was always ringing in his ears.

Arjun didn't know what happened with her but his imagination ran wild with all sort of images of child Maya.

He ignored his disturbing thoughts and glared at the glasses of Maya's cabin opposite to his cabin.

These two days, the glasses were replaced.. At first he was confused but then saw that with the new glasses no one could see what was going on inside but from inside the cabin, one could see what was going on outside.

Meaning.... He couldn't secretly see Maya anymore. Arjun hated it... Absolutely hated these new glasses around her cabin..

Just then he could hear whispers and looked out seeing everyone hurrying towards their work.