Chapter 38

Chapter 38:

---------------------------

Saanjh drove her scooty as fast as she could and reached the address she knew that was Maya's new home after she had left her flat..

Saanjh had given some poor excuses to her parents, not caring they brought it or not and in a hurry she had driven her scooty here..

Saanjh never noticed that Arjun who had watched her driving like mad had started following her scooty as in desperate manner to save his brother had drove in a hurry and reached Maya's home...

God....! Please... My brother had nothing to do with this..

Saanjh, to her surprise noticed that there was no one guarding the gate and the gate opened with a push so did the front door..

As she was desperately praying for her brother's safety and entered the home while her heartbeat raised in fear..

Saanjh stood frozen in the spot, looking at the middle of the hall because there was a pool of blood and amidst it, lying there was Ashwin Mehrothra.

God..!

Saanjh swallowed down the bile and shifted her eyes from the body..

Her legs trembled and fingers were shaking in absolute horror and fear..

Saanjh hoped her brother had nothing to do with all this..

“In here Saanjh.."

Saanjh moved towards the nearby room where she heard Maya's voice coming from, ignoring her legs trembling in fear and went further inside the room to see Maya and gasped silently looking at Maya..

Maya had grown thinner than what she last saw of her. It had been a month since she last saw Maya and above all what startled her was that Maya was sitting on the bed in the center of her room, the walls of the room was filled  with Arjun's photos without even a single blank space...

This....

This level of obsession, Saanjh didn't know Maya had this madness for Arjun..

“Don't look frightened Saanjh. I didn't kidnap your brother, I just delayed him a little from reaching home. He must have reached your home now. So be a good girl and throw the cellphone you have a little away from you.."

Saanjh could not believe Maya's words but Maya's next words to her were convincing enough,

“Don't be stupid Saanjh.. You know that your brother is nothing to me.. I just used him to lure you here."

Saanjh did as she was told and threw her mobile away even though she was not convinced completely of whether Maya was speaking the truth or not as she had no choice because Maya had a gun in her hand..

“Don't be afraid Saanjh. I am not going to do anything to you. I decided to surrender and you can even call the police a little while after.."

Saanjh was still scared but gulped her nerves down but seeing her scared face, Maya smiled creepily at her and threw the gun away..

“As I said... I am not going to do anything to you. Don't be afraid Saanjh. You may be wondering why I called you here. It's because I have something to tell you before I surrender. So take a seat and listen patiently.."

Saanjh seeing that Maya neither had her brother nor gun, she sat on the nearby chair, she didn't have any choice anyway.

Saanjh didn't know why Maya has anything to say to her, why her? They didn't have much connection anyway..