Chapter One: Confessions

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Weasley was sitting inside his Muggle car, waiting for her fiancé to get off work. He was browsing thru his phone when he heard a loud tap on the window. He turned to his side, his brows furrowed with annoyance. "Yes?"

"Miss me?"

Ron's eyes widen in mortification when he recognized the voice. He quickly jumped out of the car and started checking the surroundings. "What are you doing here?" he hissed.

"You've been ignoring me, you didn't show up last night!"

Ron grabbed the woman's arm and dragged her towards the back of the car, hiding them from plain view. "You should not have approached me here, Hermione might see you. This is very careless and irresponsible! You need to go home, I'll call you when the coast is clear!" he whispered furiously.

The woman yanked her arm free from his grip and frowned, "Why do we have to hide it in the first place? I'm tired of hiding Ronald! I was not brought up my parents to be a kept woman! It's either you tell her now or we should end this!" she threatened before she turned on her heels and started walking away.

Ron grabbed her arm again; "Don't be like that, we'll talk later, okay?"

The woman glared at him as she pulled her arm away. She blatantly ignored his statement and stormed out without responding.

Ronald watched her leave, his hands balled into tight fists.

"Ron? Who was that?"

Ron arranged his features before he turned around. He spotted his fiancé leaning on his car and immediately pasted a smile on his face, "No one love, she's just offering flyers," he lied as he made his way towards her.

Hermione smiled brightly and lifted the box that she was holding, "I bought Strawberry Cream Cake, do you think the kids will like this?" she asked.

Ron nodded, "They eat almost anything, let's go?" he asked.

Hermione smiled, "Lets" she replied.

Ron opened the passenger door and took the box from his fiancé's hands; "I'll put this in the back," he offered.

"Thanks," Hermione replied as she climbed into the passenger seat.

Ron closed her door and opened the one on the back. He carefully placed the box on top of the leather seat and closed the door. "Close call," he mumbled as he rounded the car.

oOo

"Where are you going?" Hermione murmured sleepily as she snuggled deeper into the covers.

"I just remembered that I forgot to lock my drawers in my office. My top secret assignment is in there. Kingsley will have my arse if someone reads it," Ron explained nervously.

"Mmkay, come home soon," she replied before drifting back to sleep.

Ron let out a relieved sigh as he padded towards Hermione's side. He planted a soft kiss on top of her curls and tucked the comforter closer to her slumbering form. "Will do love, sleep now," he whispered. He then walked towards the door and pulled it open. He flicked the lights off and quietly closed the door behind him. He braced his hands on his hips and hung his head in shame, "I'm sorry love, I would end it tonight, I promise - I love you..." he thought before disapparating.