Chapter Eleven: The hardest part of letting go

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

The Burrow -- Ottery, St. Catchpole - Devon, England – 4:05 P.M.

Leila stood from the couch and smiled; "Thank you for the tea Molly and Arthur but Lav and I needs to go home" she said.

Arthur stood from his perch and offered his hand; "Thank you for visiting Leila, it's our pleasure" he said politely.

Molly also stood and smiled awkwardly; "We'll talk soon" she said.

Leila nodded, she then turned towards her pale daughter; "Come on now love, your father will be arriving any minute now" she said.

Lavender stood up and nodded; she then turned her gaze towards Ron's parents and smiled shyly. "Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Weasley for having us" she said.

Ron huffed and averted his gaze.

Molly's head snapped towards her son and frowned; "Ronald" she said sternly.

Ronald cleared his throat; "Have a safe trip" he said.

Lavender nodded and turned towards her scowling mother; "Let's go now Mum, we need to go home" she said.

Leila ignored Ron's insolence and began walking towards the door; "Again thank you for having us" she said.

Lavender followed her mother awkwardly.

Leila pulled the door open and exited the threshold with a huff; she then began walking away.

Lavender threw an apologetic look at the Weasley's and followed her mother out; closing the door behind her.

Arthur let out a relieved breath and fell back on the couch; "That went well enough" he said.

Molly patted her husband's hand and turned towards her son; "I'm disappointed in you Ronald, I know that your situation with Lavender is not ideal but I expected you to at least act cordial" she reprimanded.

Ronald sniffed with disdain; "She's trying to pin the blame solely on me when her daughter is also clearly at fault. I don't know why she's insisting that I marry Lavender when everybody knows that she's not a woman of virtue herself" he said.

"That's the consequence of your irresponsibility and we can't blame her if she feels that way, Lavender is still a woman and their only child. Won't you feel the same if Ginny was in the same situation?" Arthur asked.

Ron looked abashed and averted his gaze.

"We've manage to calm Leila down for now but the storm hasn't passed yet. I'm sure she's still expecting a wedding, so I suggest you to think about what you will do if that's their decision" Molly said.

Ron let out a defeated sigh and bowed his head; "But I don't want to marry Lavender...I still want to marry Hermione..." he murmured.

Arthur frowned and stood up; "Then you should've thought about that before you got involve with somebody else. Hermione's ship has long sailed, I don't think she'll still consider you after everything that has been said and done" he said.

Ron buried his face into his palms.

Molly threw his son a pitying look and stood up; she grasped her husband's arm and squeezed it comfortingly. "Come on dear, help me make supper" she said.